Bradley's future coach suspended from KU for 2 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley's future coach suspended from KU for 2 weeks

This is the guy who a few days ago was rumored to already be hired to replace Geno Ford at the end of the season.

I'm just curious, given his position of responsibility with young people, is this a fire-able offense? We all make mistakes, granted, but mistakes have consequences, sometimes, you lose your job.

Comment

So basically Da Coach and tornado managed to get a KU assistant suspended for 2 weeks? Or did I mess up the chain of events somehow?

Comment

Caught with weed.

50/50 it was for the players.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

I suppose if Dalonte Hill can get multiple DUIs and still be the lead recruiter for Turgeon, this won't have a long-term effect on his position as an assistant. It could greatly harm his chances at getting a head coaching job in the future, however.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            So basically Da Coach and tornado managed to get a KU assistant suspended for 2 weeks? Or did I mess up the chain of events somehow?
            Actually, I think those two are (or used to be) all for bringing in anyone (particularly Howard) to replace the guy who replaced Les.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              Actually, I think those two are (or used to be) all for bringing in anyone (particularly Howard) to replace the guy who replaced Les.
              But if they hadn't said anything, Wessler probably wouldn't have broken the drug story, and no suspension for Howard. I've always thought those guys were crazy tin foil hat wearers but it looks like they may actually have a point, at least this time. Wessler was apparently very critical of Les and pro-Geno and might have had influence on how that coaching change went down. Now how long has he been sitting on this Howard story? Did he just so happen to notice he got arrested 6 months ago as soon as he gets mentioned on a Bradley message board? The whole thing just seems bizarre.

Note: UC Davis was #336 in Les's first year. They're a top 100 team now in his 4th year.

bradleyfans.com is going to turn me into a 9/11 truther before too long, I should probably stop reading that stuff.

Comment

Self suspends him for two weeks. TWO WEEKS! Let's hope that in those 14 days he can turn his life around.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Self suspends him for two weeks. TWO WEEKS! Let's hope that in those 14 days he can turn his life around.
                  He takes this sort of thing very seriously. Remember that usually his people don't miss the very next game of it's a big one. Suspending anyone for more than the afternoon prior to an important game is a big deal for him.

Comment

Was this really about weed? I don't care enough to even look it up. If so, I'm pretty sure I read some article this month or last about a guy serving life in prison for weed. Now we've got a guy getting two weeks of probably paid suspension to take a cruise or maybe go visit colorado if he's really smart...

And he'll no doubt be back in time for the big games.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                      Was this really about weed? I don't care enough to even look it up. If so, I'm pretty sure I read some article this month or last about a guy serving life in prison for weed. Now we've got a guy getting two weeks of probably paid suspension to take a cruise or maybe go visit colorado if he's really smart...

And he'll no doubt be back in time for the big games.
                      I read somewhere that he's also the 'lead (key) recruiter' for several 5-star players that KU hopes to sign; things that make you go...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                      X