NCAA Notifies SMU of Allegations of Academic Improprieties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Notifies SMU of Allegations of Academic Improprieties

SMU has received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA that includes accusations of academic improprieties within Larry Brown's men's basketball program, multiple sources told ESPN.

Who could have ever seen this coming?

It is stunning, isn't it -- Larry Brown, of all people? Why, the folks in Lawrence think he's a hero (as does Ed Manning, whom he helped get out of the truck cab).

Comment

If found true, I cannot help but think it's "Bye-bye Jank."
      Last edited by DUShock; January 16, 2015, 05:52 PM. Reason: Not that there is anything wrong with that.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        http://espn.go.com/dallas/mens-colle...-improprieties

Who could have ever seen this coming?
        LOL Cheating Larry at it again. Trust me when I tell you NOTHING happens without him knowing about in that program. He directed the cheating from start to finish. Wonder if he's tending bar and handing out cash just like he did for the flagshit?

Comment

Death penalty...again!!!

Comment

Larry Brown's team is cheating? No...NO!!!! I'm going to need a minute to digest this information.
            78-65

Comment

Take it easy on Larry. After all he matriculated at UNC so why would you expect him to know any better.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 17, 2015, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Allegations of infractions by the men's golf program, which severed ties with coach Josh Gregory in August, are also part of the NCAA's notice to SMU, sources told ESPN.
                Don't see the golfers involved very often.

Comment

Surprise! Surprise! Can't believe it took Ol Larry this long.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Hello, Shake?

Comment

I saw the article on ESPN and was a little confused. They spent most of their time on a forward that Larry had recruited from Dallas Kimble. The article seemed to infer that there was quite a bit of cheating going on to get him eligible, including some cheating by his high school teachers.

That all left me wondering if there were other violations (would not be surprised if there were) that the article didn't talk about.

One occurrence of an assistant cheating to try to help a player qualify (and the assistant got fired) didn't look like much to me. Hopefully some of the Shocker Nation in Dallas can clarify this for us, I bet the DMN will be all over this (if they aren't already).

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        Take it easy on Larry. After all he matriculated at UNC so why would you expect him to know any better.
                        So what you are saying is that the apples don't fall far from the coaching tree...
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                          I saw the article on ESPN and was a little confused. They spent most of their time on a forward that Larry had recruited from Dallas Kimble. The article seemed to infer that there was quite a bit of cheating going on to get him eligible, including some cheating by his high school teachers.

That all left me wondering if there were other violations (would not be surprised if there were) that the article didn't talk about.

One occurrence of an assistant cheating to try to help a player qualify (and the assistant got fired) didn't look like much to me. Hopefully some of the Shocker Nation in Dallas can clarify this for us, I bet the DMN will be all over this (if they aren't already).
                          Think back to WSU and the Ozell Jones "cheating scandal". Ozell had his high school GPA claculated with his PE grades included. The rest of the school did not have PE grades included so he was ruled ineligible. But I think we need to give uncle larry a break here because there could not have been any money involved since it is a small private school with no big money behind it right?

Comment

Working...
                          X