Student Fees in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Fees in Florida

Here is an AP article which appeared on 12/09/14 concerning Student Fees in Florida, all of which can be used with wide latitude for things including equipment, travel and facility maintenance.

"The University of Central Florida (UCF), Orlando, the nation's 2nd largest university (60,000 students), charges students $171 per semester which equates to over $10 million per semester and $20 million for a full year.

At six of the eight Florida public universities with NCAA sanctioned teams, 36-75 percent of their athletic funding comes from these fees which are among the highest in the nation. However, Florida U only gets 2.2 percent and Florida State 14.5 percent from fees. But don't feel too sorry for them as both play in conferences with monster TV contracts and have large, packed football stadiums."

Central Florida needs to find a way into the Big XII.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      They could certainly be a "sleeping giant" type pickup for them.

This is a little more of the radar, but I think NDSU would be good too. Great following and football program.
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
        It's ridiculous how short-sighted the B12 has been about the overall conference from a team standpoint. UCF has better potential, a better market, would expand their footprint into one of the biggest states in the country and expand their recruiting into one of the best hotbeds in the country ... and I still bet the B12 would expand with Houston first.

I actually saw ESPN commentators making the argument that they should expand into Houston for recruiting. 40% of the conference is already in the same state ... if the B12 can't effectively recruit Houston by now, something is really, really wrong with the teams in that conference.

It's honestly like the B12 is operating under a completely different set of assumptions about conference expansion than every other conference. The other four P5 conferences are all looking at expansion as a way to extend their footprint for media/recruiting purposes, while the B12 just keeps doubling down on the same areas they already control.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
        X