Crean suspends two more at IU for failed drug tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crean suspends two more at IU for failed drug tests

Damnit, I wanted Crean to succeed at Indiana at least for another few years. This has got to be another nail in his coffin.

Just days after a car accident left Indiana forward Devin Davis in the hospital, the Hoosiers program has taken another hit as Troy Williams and Stanford Robinson have been suspended for failed drug tests, sources told ESPN.

There is a legit chance that the Indiana and UNC jobs could both open up VERY soon. Marshall would have to be on top of the list of potential candidates. Indiana is a sleeping giant, rabid fans, support and great in state talent. UNC may get hit by the NCAA a little, but one of the top jobs in the country with a great location.
    Does Marshall golf a lot or have a fondness for the beaches, deep sea fishing etc?

Indiana fans are already on the Marshall train, how does his contract look?

Comment

Originally posted by UKbball View Post
      There is a legit chance that the Indiana and UNC jobs could both open up VERY soon. Marshall would have to be on top of the list of potential candidates. Indiana is a sleeping giant, rabid fans, support and great in state talent. UNC may get hit by the NCAA a little, but one of the top jobs in the country with a great location.
      Does Marshall golf a lot or have a fondness for the beaches, deep sea fishing etc?

Indiana fans are already on the Marshall train, how does his contract look?
      CRAP! I doubt he would consider Indiana as much as UNC, but it is an interesting situation whenever a storied program opens up and you happen to have the best coach in the nation.

Comment

I looked in this thread because I thought Frankamp was going to be mentioned. I guess I was wrong.

Comment

UNC scares me more. At least Indiana is a train wreck right now. HCGM would have to clean house. He wouldn't put up with that crap for one nano second. And UNC has its definite fair share of problems as well.

Comment

As much as it pains me to say it, Marshall is exactly what Indiana needs. But I'm not sure he wants to walk into a situation like that. Same could be true at UNC if they run into major accreditation issues.

Comment

Marshall to UNC would we a definite if offered a salary respectable to the position.
              Livin the dream

Comment

Disagree.

Much more than salary.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                  Disagree.

Much more than salary.
                  UNC could pay big, Roy "only" makes about 2 mil per season. He has some incentives built in but he isn't making anything close to K, Calipari, Pitino, Self, or Donovan money. UNC has so many built in advantages and is a top destination in the #1 basketball conference.

Comment

If UNC or Indiana puts the press on Marshall, I'm going to assume he's gone. NC State made a mistake that I don't think any other school will ever make again regarding Marshall, and I will always be thankful to them for that. I just hope those "perfect" jobs don't open up for another 4-5 years and Marshall has given us a National Championship or two and Jans or someone else from the Marshall tree has proven their worth as a D1 Head Coach.

Comment

Originally posted by UKbball View Post
                      UNC could pay big, Roy "only" makes about 2 mil per season. He has some incentives built in but he isn't making anything close to K, Calipari, Pitino, Self, or Donovan money. UNC has so many built in advantages and is a top destination in the #1 basketball conference.
                      No disagreements on that.

Much of his decision would not be based on that though. It would be a part, but so would sanctions, recruiting budget, amenities, etc.

It would have to BE a top 5 job. If they get blasted from NCAA, it might not be.
                      Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; November 5, 2014, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        If UNC or Indiana puts the press on Marshall, I'm going to assume he's gone. NC State made a mistake that I don't think any other school will ever make again regarding Marshall, and I will always be thankful to them for that. I just hope those "perfect" jobs don't open up for another 4-5 years and Marshall has given us a National Championship or two and Jans or someone else from the Marshall tree has proven their worth as a D1 Head Coach.
                        Marshall is good at breaking the press, so that won't happen.

Comment

Here's a good column from Indiana State's beat writer about the issues at IU and with college sports controversies in general.

Comment

I don't see UNC getting rid of Ol Roy unless he is implicated, and he won't be implicated. I don't even think much will come of this. UNC will find a couple of nobody's to sacrifice, implement some academic changes, be showered with praise for their upstanding ethics and morals, cleared of all wrongdoing; and once again all will be bliss in North Carolina. Now Ol Roy may retire for one reason or another, but UNC will keep it in the family and hire one of their own.

IU is a different story. Crean better show he has the ability to get his program back on track. That means NCAA Tournament at least. If he can't do it this season, I expect he'll be gone. That means IU has to hack up a $12,000,000.00 hairball to by him out. Even for IU, that's a big hairball. Maybe even big enough to get the AD fired.
                            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Working...
                            X