KU Fires Charlie Weiss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU Fires Charlie Weiss

Can't say I'm surprised. As bad a hire as Turner Gill was, hiring Charlie Weiss was a horrible decision. Hell he is still getting big bucks from Notre Dame.

I don't particularly blame Charlie though. Hell, I kind of admire him. How can you be so extremely bad at your job and still make unbelievable amounts of money. Only in America.

What a shock
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Thank god Zenger is piloting yet another football coaching search...surest way to keep the flagship in the basement.
      Last edited by Play Angry; September 28, 2014, 05:26 PM.

Comment

KU football is a joke!

Comment

Maybe they can hire Terry Allen away from Missouri State?
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Maybe they can hire Terry Allen away from Missouri State?
            He has his sites set in the Sunbelt!
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              He has his sites set in the Sunbelt!
              That simply is too funny! That was so easy it should be illegal!
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

KU needs a football program -- actually, an athletic department -- its basketball team can be proud of. Neither political correctness nor hiring a "name," sort of, has worked for them. And it's a little late to try to lure Gus Malzahn from Arkansas State.

Mark Mangino is laughing somewhere tonight (or maybe, at his size, a couple of somewheres).

Comment

The guy is getting something like 25 million guaranteed to NOT coach football, from ND and KU.

Wow.
                  ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

When some people criticize WSU's lack of a football team, I always reply "I don't see why it's a big deal, KU doesn't have one either!"
                    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                      When some people criticize WSU's lack of a football team, I always reply "I don't see why it's a big deal, KU doesn't have one either!"
                      Which makes this all that much worse. I mean, they fired a coach of a program they don't even have. Who's watching over things up there?

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                        And the key difference is that they're spending a pile of money on their non-program, while WSU is able to use its money on building up its other sports instead.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          And the key difference is that they're spending a pile of money on their non-program, while WSU is able to use its money on building up its other sports instead.
                          It's still profitable isn't it? That's the impression I was under.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

KU Coaching Manual:

1) Negotiate killer buyout in contract right up front.
                            2) Suck.
                            3) Heap praise on basketball team to gain ya one extra year.
                            4) Get fired, and move out of Tiny-Town into a nice house on the coast and retire.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                            X