X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creighton Logo Problems

Trademark infringement?

http://m.omaha.com/creighton/toronto....html?mode=jqm
    Last edited by Shocker-maniac; August 22, 2014, 07:00 AM.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    Fixed your link.

Comment

Surprised it's taken this long. Their rebranding process clearly consisted of googling "Blue Jay logo", copying and pasting the Toronto logo onto a blue and white "C" and calling it good.

Comment

It seems this is their m.o. Check out the thumbnail (against our Shox no less). Sorry, copy and paste isn't working today....
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
          It seems this is their m.o. Check out the thumbnail (against our Shox no less). Sorry, copy and paste isn't working today....
          If copy and paste isn't working for you, I suggest you contact the Creighton marketing department for assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            If copy and paste isn't working for you, I suggest you contact the Creighton marketing department for assistance.
            Oh, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! You cashed that check in a hurry! Well done, sir.

Comment

At one level, as much as I dislike Creighton, I want to say this is a bit stupid. There are only so many ways you can draw a bluejay head in profile. For comparison, take a look at how similar the bulldog logos of a variety of schools are.

And yet, when you have a history of stealing trademarks from the Toronto Blue Jays and your primary logo has never been just the head in profile (every previous Creighton Blue Jay was full body), it seems to me that you are asking for trouble.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

1977-1996

1997-2002

2004-2011

2011-

Cretins current logo:

whiteandbluereview.com/creighton-logos-through-history/

I don't see a problem for Cretin. In fact, since the Cretins adopted the Blue Jay as their mascot back in 1924, and the Toronto Blue Jays did not come into existence until 1977, the Cretins should sue Toronto. Especially for the years (2004-11) during which time Toronto used the word "Jays" in their logo. Since the Cretins started using the word "Jays" as a logo five years earlier in 1999, the word "Jays" belongs to Cretin, and Toronto must pay. The Cretins should hire me as their legal counsel. Boyyyyyyyyyy, I'd show them friggin canucks what for.

By the way, here is the Vancouver Canucks logo:

Notice any similarities? There is definitely something going on here with the color blue, blue jays, and the letter C. I blame the government.

:glee:
                "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

A history of Ctrl-C - Ctrl-V: http://whiteandbluereview.com/creigh...rough-history/
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

I think my favorite is the one with the maple leaf. You know, cause it would've been just a little too hard to remove that in MSPaint.

Comment

I think my favorite is the one with the maple leaf. You know, cause it would've been just a little too hard to remove that in MSPaint.
                      Seriously. Like no one gives one sheet that the logo is 100% lifted from an MLB team. Guess CU trying to look and act bigger than they really are started a long time ago.

Comment

I don't follow why it's a problem. All of Toronto's blue jays face left, while Creighton's identical copied blue jay faces right. I'm surprised Toronto wasn't able to look past the identical copied mascot far enough to see the obvious difference.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post

1977-1996

1997-2002

2004-2011

2011-

Cretins current logo:

whiteandbluereview.com/creighton-logos-through-history/

I don't see a problem for Cretin. In fact, since the Cretins adopted the Blue Jay as their mascot back in 1924, and the Toronto Blue Jays did not come into existence until 1977, the Cretins should sue Toronto. Especially for the years (2004-11) during which time Toronto used the word "Jays" in their logo. Since the Cretins started using the word "Jays" as a logo five years earlier in 1999, the word "Jays" belongs to Cretin, and Toronto must pay. The Cretins should hire me as their legal counsel. Boyyyyyyyyyy, I'd show them friggin canucks what for.

By the way, here is the Vancouver Canucks logo:

Notice any similarities? There is definitely something going on here with the color blue, blue jays, and the letter C. I blame the government.

:glee:
                          I wonder if grant Gibbs did the original naming of the mascot

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                            I wonder if grant Gibbs did the original naming of the mascot
                            I don't know about naming, but I'm pretty sure he served as model for early mascots.

Gibbs:Billy.jpg
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              I don't know about naming, but I'm pretty sure he served as model for early mascots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1611[/ATTACH]
                              It's all becoming clear. He is a vampire.

Comment

Working...
                              X