Kevin Weiberg returning to Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    The apprehension schools have with forming a new conference is that the conference would not have an auto-bid for a certain number of years.

I don't know how the AAC got exempted from that rule, unless it's because the Big East left them behind, making it beyond their control.
    Depends on the caliber of teams you get to join in a new league. If the league has good enough teams you wouldn't have to rely on the auto bid for those first few years. I have no idea what schools might be considered for something like this, but it's something to think, dream, mull over, and cogitate about for the next few days while we are waiting for the Dance to start. The last few days have been rather boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
      Depends on the caliber of teams you get to join in a new league. If the league has good enough teams you wouldn't have to rely on the auto bid for those first few years. I have no idea what schools might be considered for something like this, but it's something to think, dream, mull over, and cogitate about for the next few days while we are waiting for the Dance to start. The last few days have been rather boring.
      Very true.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Grand Poobah, Loyal Order of the Water Buffalo Lodge
        I doubt it since @RoyalShock: is the currently Grand Poobah and he's the one who started this thread. Maybe Associate Grand Poobah.

Comment

His in-laws live in the area.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

This news still intrigues me...

"Weiberg was instrumental in helping Scott launch the Pac 12 Network. The conference said in a statement Weiberg would relocate to his home in Kansas but continue to work part time on a variety of projects."

The Pac 12 made a significant internal move Thursday in announcing it has hired West Coast Conference commissioner Jamie Zaninovich to become its deputy commissioner and CEO.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Weiberg's name is listed in conjunction with the consulting group evaluating the viability of football at UAB.

Comment

Working...
              X