Andrew Wiggins What???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew Wiggins What???

Am I reading this wrong from NBC article......

Andrew Wiggins, Kansas (16.8 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.2 spg): For all the criticism that Wiggins has gotten this season, he finished the year as the leading scorer, third-leading rebounder and best defender on a top five team and national title that won the nation’s toughest conference outright. Not bad.

What National Title???? Did KU win March Madness already????
    FINAL FOURS:
    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
    Number of Times Ranked: 157
    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
    #3 - Dec. 2017
    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
    #2 ~ March 2014
    Finished 2013 Season #4

I'm more insulted they think he's a better defender than Cotton.

Comment

They made a typo and left out one word: "contender". National Title Contender

Also, nothing was said about Wiggins being better than Cotton. The article said he was the best defender on his team.

Goodness. Reading comprehension is difficult these days, isn't it?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

Also, nothing was said about Wiggins being better than Cotton. The article said he was the best defender on his team.

Could have set my smartphone to this......

12/1/11 (December 1, 2011): 300,000 views? Thank you! Mighty Mouse is just that awesome.8/25/11 (August 25, 2011): Today, I just noticed this video had over ...

Comment

Man - NBC is now a "hater". Maybe they always have been...but reading their latest bracket projections they got ALL 3 BLUE-BLODDS in the same bracket as our Shocks. Plus teams we've already played this season. LOL NBC....

Their Midwest bracket has Kansas, Duke, and Kentucky all in OUR bracket. PLUS....Tennessee, St. Louis and NC Central who we've already played. LOL NBC....who there is a Kansas alumni predicting and publishing that bracket???? Ha=ha=ha.... Jayhawk fingerprints all over that article. Lol
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Could have set my smartphone to this......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdIev12fCPs
            Was I wrong that this thread was nothing but whining about things that weren’t said?

Do you think setting up strawman arguments is a good thing?

Comment

Alright, you got me. Read it too quickly for a Monday, and took the snippet about being the best defender on a top five team out of context. Oops.

Comment

Was I wrong that this thread was nothing but whining about things that weren’t said?

Do you think setting up strawman arguments is a good thing?
                No, everything you said was 100% factual. I read the thread and immediately realized the same thing you did. I think almost everyone did, or would have if they read it. To me, it just didn't need to be said, but you felt the need to reply, and that's fine, it's a free world and your prerogative. I was just pointing out that when a BCS type program is maligned here, you do seem to have a recent propensity for eliminating misunderstandings in what I would describe as lightning quick efficiency.

Comment

So I DID read it wrong?????? Seriously????
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

#3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

#2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

No one is insulting one's reading comprehension (I think) but rather insulting someone who edits the article.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Terrible editing on the article. There's also this sentence "Would UConn still be a tournament team without win over Florida, Indiana, Memphis and Boston College?" and they left off the n in Staten.

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                        So I DID read it wrong?????? Seriously????
                        No, you read it right, but the article was missing a key word.

Whoever it was that thought it said Wiggins was a better defender than Cotton, is the one who misread it. But to be fair, it was awkwardly worded.

Comment

Probably not the best argument for "reading comprehension being difficult" when it is seriously near impossible to comprehend what that person is "writing." Sometimes, just let it go.

Comment

might want to look down so you don't drown in the spring showers that are coming soon...

Comment

I have no problem with people criticizing poorly written articles for poor writing or editing. I just tire of so many on this board rushing to find articles that are "hating" on the Shox and finding examples in places that don't exist.

WuDrWu, I defend WSU too. I guess I just stand out because I'm the only one here who cares enough to correct errors on both ends of the spectrum.

Comment

Working...
                              X