HCC women's basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCC women's basketball

I know this is the NCAA forum, but indulge me an added J for a moment, in honor of the Shocker men being undefeated.

The Hutch CC women are undefeated so far this season and, get this, have a 98-game home winning streak going. I just thought that was impressive. And one of their star players is a local girl who went to a small Christian school in Hutch. They are coached by John Ontjes, former Nickerson HS, Hutch CC and Oklahoma standout guard. (He is who Doug Gottlieb wishes he could have been ;) )

And they're 27-0 this season. Incredible.

"Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Actually, they just finished their regular season tonight undefeated at 28-0. 2nd time in the last three years.

Comment

They beat Allen County today (1st round of Region VI tourney, I assume) 105-33.

Comment

30-0. They go for #31 at 3 tomorrow in . . . Charles Koch Arena!

Comment

31-0. Will play Butler tomorrow for the Region VI title.

Comment

32-0 heading into the national tournament.

Comment

Did you attend any of the NJCAA games this weekend Royal? Butler gave them a pretty good game tonight. Low scoring but close right up to the end. I think Butler might only have 2 losses this year, both to Hutch.

Comment

No, but I noticed from HutchNews tweets that they won by two. I can't imagine John Ontjes not getting some opportunities to move into D1 very soon.

The Hutch men are down late to Pratt. Star freshman DeShawn Freeman was suspended after picking up two technicals in last night's game. Doh.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    No, but I noticed from HutchNews tweets that they won by two. I can't imagine John Ontjes not getting some opportunities to move into D1 very soon.

The Hutch men are down late to Pratt. Star freshman DeShawn Freeman was suspended after picking up two technicals in last night's game. Doh.
                    Kadeem Allen picked up 3 fouls plus a technical in the first half last night and then Freeman up 2 techs as well. The officials called a ton of fouls in that game and took some really good players out of the game. I was surprised Pratt came back to beat Seward last night as Seward was starting to pull away when I left just.

Comment

Hutch women went to 34-0 tonight and are into the semi-finals of the NJCAA tournament.

They came back from a big 1st-half deficit to a team that's averaging around 90 pts a game, winning 87-77.

Comment

35-0 after beating Chipola tonight, playing for the NJCAA championship tomorrow night.

Comment

Working...
                        X