No announcement yet.

Grant Gibbs out 4-6 weeks - expects to get another hardship year of eligibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grant Gibbs out 4-6 weeks - expects to get another hardship year of eligibility

Creighton's Grant Gibbs suffered a dislocated kneecap and will be out 4-6 weeks, the senior guard told ESPN on Wednesday.

Grant Gibbs, where 'Senior Night' takes on whole new meaning.

Not exactly "Shocker Basketball" here -- probably more like Around the NCAA, now that Creighton has moved on from "this level" to the Big Priest.

Considering that I've never heard of a SEVENTH year, someone may be typing with tongue firmly in cheek. Still, if anyone could ever convince the NCAA to give him seven, it's probably Gibbs. He may have a whole career full of senior nights by the time he's done.

In all seriousness, Gibbs is one of the unluckier players to come down the pike, and it's too bad -- he's a great asset to Creighton, and if he had played for the Shockers we'd have loved having him on our side. Come to think of it, maybe he can transfer to WSU and apply for yet another year of eligibility.

Comment

Move to Around the NCAA please.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Tough luck. I hate to see anyone get hurt and miss out on games. Think of all the work these guys go thru to play a limited amount of games each year.

Comment

Man, I never thought I'd see the day that I couldn't make fun of Creighton in the MBB thread.

Comment

Screw Gibbs he is a dickhead.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Do they have a backup for Gibbs or did he already graduate?
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Comment

Just love April Fools.

Comment

The details are still unclear, but word on the street is that since Andrew Wiggins gave up his last three years of eligibility, Gibbs decided to take them.

Comment

Grant Gibbs jokes never get old. I look forward to several more years of them!
                      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Well his name is Grant for a reason.

Comment

Working...
                        X