Sunflower Showdown - Stop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunflower Showdown - Stop!

I want to get out ahead of this and get the drums beating.

It really irks me that the state and media refer to the matchup between KU and KSU as the Sunflower Showdown.
    Trophy presentation, etc....

There should be no mention of a "Sunflower Showdown" without WSU included (excluding football or course--- for now).
    Basketball: WSU has a better winning percentage against KU than does KSU for the past 35 years.
    Baseball: WSU baseball heritage and tradition speaks for itself

Please start correcting people that refer to the upcoming games between KU and KSU as the "Sunflower Showdown." A "Big XII SoK Showdown" yes, but not a "Sunflower Showdown."

Showdown of the also rans. By default they're playing for second place. :tranquillity:
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

I guess they can call the battle for #2 by whatever marketing gimmick they want.

But yes, I agree.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Pretty sure this belongs here.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Pretty sure this belongs here.
          Nope.... Too hard to penetrate the bubble of ignorance that sits above the KCK metro area.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
            Nope.... Too hard to penetrate the bubble of ignorance that sits above the KCK metro area.
            Didn't CBS make a TV show out of that this past summer? Under the Dome, maybe?

Comment

I want to get out ahead of this and get the drums beating.

It really irks me that the state and media refer to the matchup between KU and KSU as the Sunflower Showdown.
              Trophy presentation, etc....

There should be no mention of a "Sunflower Showdown" without WSU included (excluding football or course--- for now).
              Basketball: WSU has a better winning percentage against KU than does KSU for the past 35 years.
              Baseball: WSU baseball heritage and tradition speaks for itself

Please start correcting people that refer to the upcoming games between KU and KSU as the "Sunflower Showdown." A "Big XII SoK Showdown" yes, but not a "Sunflower Showdown."
              Yawn.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                Showdown of the also rans. By default they're playing for second place. :tranquillity:
                Now THAT's a disturbing profile pic.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
                  Yawn.
                  I'll hire a kid to explain the issue to you in 3rd grade language so you can better understand.

Sunflower Showdown week has begun.

Comment

I'll hire a kid to explain the issue to you in 3rd grade language so you can better understand.

Eff you, Veritas.

Ignore the bozos. Let the puzzies have their fun.

Comment

Yawn.
                      Not interested? Just go to the next thread.

Because he's not interested has nothing to do with his reading skills or understanding your post.

Eff you, Veritas.

Ah, yes. The proper come back to a fellow Shocker fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas

Originally posted by ShockTalk
                        Because he's not interested has nothing to do with his reading skills or understanding your post.
                        Veritas I get tired of unnecessary insults on this board. I do have just as much right to my opinion and expressing my opinion as anyone else.

People get so worked-up about what KU, K-State and their fans are doing. I choose to ignore them and I'm bored with their antics - it really pizzes them off.

--'85.

Comment

Eff you, Veritas.

Veritas I get tired of unnecessary insults on this board. I do have just as much right to my opinion and expressing my opinion as anyone else.

People get so worked-up about what KU, K-State and their fans are doing. I choose to ignore them and I'm bored with their antics - it really pizzes them off.

--'85.
                          Had you choose to ignore the thread due to its title, you too, could have avoided making unnecessary insults.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            Had you choose to ignore the thread due to its title, you too, could have avoided making unnecessary insults.
                            You win. You get the last word.

Comment

My apologies Shocker85. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. You explained your position much better in your follow up post than simply typing "yawn."
                              Being a KU/ WSU alum, I'm a bit sensitive to the exclusion of WSU not being included as part of any "Sunflower Showdown."
                              I'll be more diplomatic in my responses to your future posts.

Comment

Working...
                              X