Bedlam causes Earthquake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bedlam causes Earthquake

4.5 earthquake hit during game outside of Edmond.

I thought I felt something about an hour or so ago, but didn't find anything online at the time.

Comment

I don't have a horse in this race, but after this game, if Blake Bell isn't the #1 QB, I think he's playing for the wrong team.

Comment

OSU really got screwed on that no interception call that would have ended the game, and that throw is EXACTLY why Blake can't hold the starting job down.

OU has been getting out-recruited lately and it shows, especially when the coaching staff can't figure out which way they want to go on offense. Run, pass, option, what?

Why Thompson started the 2nd half I'll never know. Not sure what's going on down in Norman these days.

Comment

OU is still likely to stumble their way into a BCS bowl game this year.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            OSU really got screwed on that no interception call that would have ended the game, and that throw is EXACTLY why Blake can't hold the starting job down.

OU has been getting out-recruited lately and it shows, especially when the coaching staff can't figure out which way they want to go on offense. Run, pass, option, what?

Why Thompson started the 2nd half I'll never know. Not sure what's going on down in Norman these days.
            You have me at a disadvantage, Doc, because I watch very little football. I pay a little attention to Bell because he's local.

Yes, I'm kind of a stat guy and stats don't tell the whole story. That said, Knight's best asset is running the ball (I thought they went to Knight over Bell because he was more of a "passing QB"). Knight's 4 main games: LA-Monroe, West Virginia, Iowa St, and K St (1 quality team). Bell played against tougher competition overall, yet had better passing stats and rating across the board. http://espn.go.com/college-football/...lahoma-sooners

Still, Stoops, started Henderson in the second half, taking him out twice on 3rd downs for Bell. Very strange.

Comment

Hey, I don't support the benching of Bell. In my opinion, he should have never been benched to start the season. That's what, again imho, started this entire mess. The problem was Blake had a bad spring and a terrible summer. As with FAR too many freshmen, the allure of a talented Knight won over the known quantity. Big mistake I thought at the time, and still do.

They should have given the keys to Bell to start the season, and barring injury, never taken him out. He has all the tools, even if he struggles with consistency (no doubt he does) and reads (he definitely does). If they wanted to have Knight-Dozer package, fine, it worked the last 2 years, but this nonsense of taking 1 out and changing the entire offensive scheme 3 or 4 (or more) times this year has been a waste of what was a pretty decent defensive club until injuries exposed their lack of depth.

Most here know I have been a fan of the OU football program since I was born. I have family ties to the athletic program and have attended games since birth. I have often been embarrassed by the way the program has been run, but that's hardly a unique experience in big time D1 athletics. That being said, no way does this team deserve a BCS bid.

Comment

Oklahoma gets Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on January 2.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                  Oklahoma gets Alabama in the Sugar Bowl on January 2.
                  That could get ugly.

Comment

@WuDrWu: we should hang out. My parents were both OU alums as well as countless other relatives.

Although I completely disagree with your assessment of the potential interception. If that's an interception then Bell's prior pass to the end zone should have been a touchdown. Two feet down, control of the ball, and THEN someone hit him. If that is not a touchdown then the later play was not an interception. But on decision making, yeah, Bell needs to have the keys to the offense and continue to get better.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      That could get ugly.

I am surprised to say the least at the outcome of tonights game.

Thought bama would roll.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                      X