No announcement yet.

Gregg and ksu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond the fact that Marshall would never coach for either of the instate rivals, KSU fans might need to examine their dumpster fire of an athletic department before they put down the crack pipe and joke that Marshall should drop everything at WSU to go coach in purpleville. Let's see, more than likley they will milk football as long they can because of the money it brings, good luck replacing Snyder though, and I feel sorry for the guy that replaces him next season. I really can't see how any basketball coach can view the KSU job as a good one. Basketball is kind of jammed in the middle of everything up there. I find it interesting that they went and built a practice facility before tackling the Bramlage Coliseum situation.. It's not a huge secret that Bramlage is regarded as one of the most run down basketball stadiums in the Big 12... Their baseball situation is also interesting. How long does Brad Hill stay with the recent success they've been having, playing in that tiny baseball stadium and making less than the football and basketball coaches? Certainly not a attractive spot for good basketball coaches or athletic directors really. Their athletic department is missing an identity, pretty much all of their facilities need major improvements or replaced and they really just have no sense of direction. The only way direction could be found is if Brad Hill hits a grandslam and wins the college world series which is a long, long shot.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
      Beyond the fact that Marshall would never coach for either of the instate rivals, KSU fans might need to examine their dumpster fire of an athletic department before they put down the crack pipe and joke that Marshall should drop everything at WSU to go coach in purpleville. Let's see, more than likley they will milk football as long they can because of the money it brings, good luck replacing Snyder though, and I feel sorry for the guy that replaces him next season. I really can't see how any basketball coach can view the KSU job as a good one. Basketball is kind of jammed in the middle of everything up there. I find it interesting that they went and built a practice facility before tackling the Bramlage Coliseum situation.. It's not a huge secret that Bramlage is regarded as one of the most run down basketball stadiums in the Big 12... Their baseball situation is also interesting. How long does Brad Hill stay with the recent success they've been having, playing in that tiny baseball stadium and making less than the football and basketball coaches? Certainly not a attractive spot for good basketball coaches or athletic directors really. Their athletic department is missing an identity, pretty much all of their facilities need major improvements or replaced and they really just have no sense of direction. The only way direction could be found is if Brad Hill hits a grandslam and wins the college world series which is a long, long shot.
      I agree with most, but what is all this Brad Hill and money talk? Baseball coaches make significantly less than football and basketball coaches, often less than top assistants at major football and basketball programs. As far as the stadium, not many programs have Wichita State facilities for baseball. I don't think retaining good baseball coaches is nearly as difficult as retaining football and basketball coaches.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Do you think KSU could replace brad hill with a another great coach, just like that?
        Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
        I agree with most, but what is all this Brad Hill and money talk? Baseball coaches make significantly less than football and basketball coaches, often less than top assistants at major football and basketball programs. As far as the stadium, not many programs have Wichita State facilities for baseball. I don't think retaining good baseball coaches is nearly as difficult as retaining football and basketball coaches.

Comment

The picture of the Bramlage Octagon posted in one of the basketball forum threads -- the one showing empty row upon empty row of bleachers for their game against Central Arkansas Sunday -- tells any hopeful K-State fan or insecure Shockernetter all that needs to be said about the likelihood that Gregg Marshall would ever consider a move to the Very Little Apple.

Comment

Working...
          X