No announcement yet.

Lemon leads Bradley men to 85-83 victory over D-II Upper Iowa Lemon scores 38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lemon leads Bradley men to 85-83 victory over D-II Upper Iowa Lemon scores 38

“The way they’re going to call the game this year and the way he can get to the rim, he’ll be really tough to stop,” said Upper Iowa coach Brooks McKowen, who was called for a technical foul after Lemon’s final shot. “If you can’t use your hands at all, I don’t know who’s going to be able to stay in front of that kid. He’ll shoot a lot of free throws.”
    Fouls were the order of the night as the Missouri Valley Conference crew whistled 54 of them. The teams combined to shoot 75 free throws (44 for BU).
    “The guys have to learn how to adjust,” said BU coach Geno Ford. “(The officials) were consistent. But when it was clear to our guys you couldn’t hand check, we stopped getting through screens. It doesn’t mean you can’t rotate and get there.”

Read more: http://www.pjstar.com/bradleyhoops/x...#ixzz2j7YB4oRu
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

More comments on the new rules...

“The guys have to learn how to adjust,” said BU coach Geno Ford. “(The officials) were consistent. But when it was clear to our guys you couldn’t hand check, we stopped getting through screens. It doesn’t mean you can’t rotate and get there.”

“But we have miles and miles to go defensively. We were one of the two best defensive teams in the league last year. Right now we’re 11th and the last time I checked there were 10 teams. We couldn’t guard anybody. We have a lot of work to do before Saturday and moving forward.”

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Out of respect, teams shouldn't compare themselves to WSU, defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        But Doc ... not a single WSU player made the All-Defensive Team. The Shockers must not be THAT good at defense:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          They were one of the two best defensive teams in the league, but that doesn't mean they were comparable to the best team in the league.

You can have one team that is top 10 in the country, and then if all the valley teams are 221, 222, 223 etc. Bradley can still pretend they were one of the two best defensive teams in the league if they are 221 :)

222 is reserved for Creighton. It was cute that they had that little campaign and they tried really hard but it still didn't make them good at defense...

I do agree with their coach that beating what's their names by 2 at the very end puts them firmly in 11th place for now. I do expect them to improve though. Bradley has pieces. They will probably get it under control.

Comment

Just my point of view here -- but I think I will wait until we have PLAYED a game under the new rules before commenting.

Comment

Working...
            X