KU-UNLV home and home.series scheduled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KU-UNLV home and home.series scheduled

I wonder how they will justify this over a series with the Shockers.

The UNLV basketball team will play a home-and-home series with Kansas starting in the 2014-15 season, the schools announced today. The Rebels will travel to Kansas next season and host the Jayhawks during the 2016-17 campaign. “We are very excited to start this series with Kansas,” UNLV coach Dave Rice ...
    In the fast lane

A trip to Vegas probably sounds good to an 18 year old 'Diaper Dandy'. :(
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We all know what they stand to lose by playing and possibly losing to WSU. KU will do what they think is right for KU and WSU will do what they think is right for WSU, and neither the twain shall meet.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        We all know what they stand to lose by playing and possibly losing to WSU. KU will do what they think is right for KU and WSU will do what they think is right for WSU, and neither the twain shall meet.
        I get tired of defending WSU from other Shocker fans and I shouldn't have to. Maybe you didn't mean it like it reads, but "we all know what they stand to lose?" or is it what they THINK they stand to lose. In reality, do they lose more it they lose to the Shockers than to UNLV? I don't think that anyone else thinks that way. It's their arrogance that is the only problem because they actually think that they lose more if they lose to the Shockers.

Comment

We all know what they would stand to lose by playing WSU:

The game

Comment

I don't like the fact that Kansas doesn't play Wichita State, by I get it. And yes, Kansas has everything to lose. Everything.

This wouldn't just be a game against another instate team, if WSU won, it would be ugly.

Face it, Wichita State fans are loud and proud, that isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. It's actually a great thing, unless you are a great team, with loud and proud fans, stuck in a middling conference that wants to schedule a game against the instate Goliath.

Nationally, I don't think a WSU win over KU would hurt KU's reputation, the Shockers have earned a very good reputation and a Shocker win over KU, Duke, NC or Kentucky wouldn't be seen as a bad loss for any of them. But instate, oh my! If I were KU's coach, I wouldn't even entertain the thought. A win would be expected, a loss would be ugly. Imagine the shirts, the taunts, the ridicule. Plus, you just might lose a few of those Wichita area burger boys to the Shockers.

Nope, the game isn't going to happen, just move on. On a more positive note, Wichita State has grown up enough that the potential game isn't needed anymore.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
              I get tired of defending WSU from other Shocker fans and I shouldn't have to. Maybe you didn't mean it like it reads, but "we all know what they stand to lose?" or is it what they THINK they stand to lose. In reality, do they lose more it they lose to the Shockers than to UNLV? I don't think that anyone else thinks that way. It's their arrogance that is the only problem because they actually think that they lose more if they lose to the Shockers.
              Both.

There is no question in my mind that if we beat KU, WSU would gain a few more casual fans, perhaps at the expense of KU. That's just human nature. It would be a tilt of the fan count scales. The only arguable point is how much of a tilt that would be. I don't think one win would tilt it very far. KU seems to have in irrational fear it would, or do some other irreparable harm.

But unless UNLV is guaranteeing KU a cut of the ticket sales, they can no longer use the loss of home game revenue as an excuse.

But the underlying point of my post was that I could care less, but not much less. Their methods are working for them, our methods are working for us. Even though, I do still find their total avoidance of a game humorous, especially now that they just deviated from the business plan they referenced as a reason for that avoidance.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                A win would be expected, a loss would be ugly.
                Historically spot on.

However this one point now no longer stands. At this point a win by KU can no longer be expected. Last year we were the best team in the state and there's reason to believe we still may be. The next few years are going to be interesting.

Oh and they OWE Marshall BIG time for landing Andrew. But that's off topic.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Either KU has current players on he squad from Las Vegas or they have some recruits from that area. That's why they're heading out west I'm betting. Self has been known to schedule games where current/future players are from. But KC, they got players from Wichita on their team but they won't schedule us. You're right, and they will continue to do so until we start taking recruits away from them from our own backyard.

Comment

^^^Top 10 recruit Kelly Oubre who verballed to KU a couple of weeks ago is playing at Finley Prep in Vegas this year(he's from Houston though). More importantly the #1 player in 2015, Steven Zimmerman, is from Vegas (Bishop Gorman). KU is recruiting him hard.

Comment

Working...
                    X