Prep school vs juco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prep school vs juco

Can someone enlighten me ( I know several will think that that is impossible) but what is the rules/reasoning for a prep school? Is a prep school for someone that can qualify academically but wants to sit out a year to improve their game and or test scores and or receive more exposure for bigger and better offers. Do they lose a year like they would if the went the juco route and do they have five years to complete four but the prep year counts as one of them? Help me out here. I would even take some help from KW.

A prep year is extended HS. It can be used to work on skills, improve grades or simply to try and increase your exposure. JUCO, you have to commit to two years and graduate (if you couldn't make the grades) and lose two years of eligibility. But it can also be used like a prep school other than it counts against your five years to play four unlike prep school.

And not everyone that plays at a prep school is a 5th year SR for the HS. But many will transfer to a prep for a 5th year to work on one or all of the above.

Make any sense?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Prep school are probably more expensive. I don't know if you can get into one for free or whether there are donations that would allow someone to. While you can get a scholarship to a junior college, you can't get one to a prep school.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        Prep school are probably more expensive. I don't know if you can get into one for free or whether there are donations that would allow someone to. While you can get a scholarship to a junior college, you can't get one to a prep school.
        OK, I'll take a stab. I believe most do go to prep schools on what would be called scholarships or aid scholarships.

Comment

A lot of private schools allow for some sort of scholarship and most of these prep schools, if not all, have some sort of financial assistance
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
          X