Clear All

• Marshall Henderson suspended

http://m.usatoday.com/article/sports/2506583

Anyone surprised?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Well. He'll fit right in in the NBA.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Here's a column I find troubling.

The author gives two reasons why Henderson should not be kicked off the team.

1. His play saved Kennedy's job.

2. Henderson needs the help.

So, apparently, if Henderson played 10 minutes per game, scored 5ppg maybe dished out an assist or two, pulled down a couple of rebounds and "led" his team to 17 wins, he should be kicked off the team.

Oh, and since he can't learn valuable life lessons after multiple screw-ups and consistently makes bad decisions that reflect poorly on himself, his team and his school, he can't be let go.

Guys like Henderson only learn from hitting rock bottom (if they are even capable of learning). Time to let go of the rope.

Comment

His being a total ass-hat finally caught up with him. This probably should have happened a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Well. He'll fit right in in the NBA.
            Won't even make to the NBA ... goodluck oversees
            Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

I couldn't get @rrshock's link to the USA Today article to engage. Perhaps the following link will work:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/sec/2013/07/10/marshall-henderson-suspension-mississippi-team-rules/2506583/

Comment

Sorry, mine was a mobile link from my phone.

Comment

Originally posted by small tyme baller View Post
                  Won't even make to the NBA ... goodluck oversees
                  I think he's got a chance. He can produce and Douchiness isn't on most scouting reports.

Comment

Police found drugs in Henderson's car

Ole Miss guard Marshall Henderson was found in May with what police said were cocaine and marijuana in his car, the Wall Street Journal reported Thursday, citing Oxford, Miss., police reports.
                    "If you strive for perfection, often times you can achieve excellence." --Gregg Marshall

Comment

I'll hold out my judgement until I find out what drugs caused him to fail is test.
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        I'll hold out my judgement until I find out what drugs caused him to fail is test.
                        Should it matter with him? I may understand this if it were a first offense, but this guy has been in a lot of trouble and has been warned about this kind of behavior. The only reason he wasn't and hasn't been dismissed from Ole Miss is because Kennedy has been on the hot seat. How many drug issues does he need to have before you think it's sufficient to dismiss him? Hell, he spent time in jail last summer for the same thing because it was against his probation for, get this, the same thing.

I'm all for giving second chances, but Henderson is on his fifth at this point, at least.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Some of the justification for this conversation is that today, some people feel that recreational drugs are fun and excusable for those who like to use them and they don't just mean marijuana (although marijuana probably used to be harmless because it wasn't very powerful -today it is much stronger and facts show that is harmful to those who use it on a daily basis). Those people always look at what is being used and will justify that it isn't so bad if they use certain substances. All I know is that drugs are harming more people today than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            I think he's got a chance. He can produce and Douchiness isn't on most scouting reports.
                            I'm not even that impressed by his stats. The points per game is nice, but he's a ball hog and a high volume shooter. 38% from 2 and 35% from 3. Nothing that special.

Compare him to a Colt Ryan who had far better stats in a similar conference and has more size.
                            Originally posted by BleacherReport
                            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                              I'm not even that impressed by his stats. The points per game is nice, but he's a ball hog and a high volume shooter. 38% from 2 and 35% from 3. Nothing that special.

Compare him to a Colt Ryan who had far better stats in a similar conference and has more size.
                              Now think of what he could do when he's sober! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X