Brad Stevens leaving Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brad Stevens leaving Butler

Butler announces that Brad Stevens will be the next head coach of the Boston Celtics

Good or bad move ?

Crazy!

July 1, 2013- One of the best days in Butler basketball history as they join the Big East

July 3, 2013- One of the worst days in Butler basketball history as they lose the coach who led them to back to back National Championship game appearances

Comment

Ask that question in 2-3 years.

This comes as a shock to me. If Butler doesn't make a homerun hire to replace Stephens, they could really suffer in the Big East.

Comment

This is incredibly surprising. My knee jerk says its a bad move for both teams but well see. The celtics are going with a youth movement so their players might feel more comfortable with an ex college coach. Crazy.

Comment

I'm shocked.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

I think it's a great move for Coach Stevens and Boston. Sucks for Butler.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

And if it doesn't work out for Coach Stevens, he will still be an extremely hot commodity in the College Game.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Did he leave Butler because he set the bar too high and didnt think he could keep getting them to final four's and championship games ?

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                    Did he leave Butler because he set the bar too high and didnt think he could keep getting them to final four's and championship games ?
                    I have always felt that most head coaches at most levels and most sports have a very large ego that will not allow them to think that they can fail.

Comment

Totally stunned.

I'm a HUGE Brad Stevens fans and if this is what he wants, then so be it. He's a very laid back and likable guy it seems, so he's gonna be a pretty good fit for some of those NBA egos.

I think Butler could be in trouble. Could be hanging around with Creighton at the bottom of the league in a couple years.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        Totally stunned.

I'm a HUGE Brad Stevens fans and if this is what he wants, then so be it. He's a very laid back and likable guy it seems, so he's gonna be a pretty good fit for some of those NBA egos.

I think Butler could be in trouble. Could be hanging around with Creighton at the bottom of the league in a couple years.
                        I suppose if Butler does struggle, they will be able to take a shot with Dan Muller in a couple more years. He will be available.

Wait... On a more serious note, would a Jacobsen or a Lansing possibly be a good fit? I'm no coaching expert but those are two good coaches and Butler is probably scrambling. It would certainly be a pay raise.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          I suppose if Butler does struggle, they will be able to take a shot with Dan Muller in a couple more years. He will be available.

Wait... On a more serious note, would a Jacobsen or a Lansing possibly be a good fit? I'm no coaching expert but those are two good coaches and Butler is probably scrambling. It would certainly be a pay raise.
                          They've gone with someone from the program for quite a while.

Google "The Butler Way".

LaVall Jordan seems to be the best fit as someone with BCS experience from the Butler tree.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

Micah Shrewsbury, Purdue.

Comment

Brandon Miller is Butler's new HC. He was on staff as an assistant.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X