Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Jacobsen signs 10 year deal with Northern Iowa..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Jacobsen signs 10 year deal with Northern Iowa..

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz2m
    Ben Jacobson said he just signed a 10-year contract to stay at Northern Iowa. Cross another name of these lists.
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Was he on lists this year? :D

That's good for UNI and the MVC. He'll keep them solid.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I think that these BCS schools canning people after a couple of years, even with a good season is catching up to them.

Here's to keeping the MVC strong. Jacobson staying is a good thing.

Comment

Here's to keeping the Valley milquetoasty and average. Ben's a nice guy and a good coach. There are no Lurch's or Ahelegbes or Farokmadenijihads in the offing.

They've milked their run for everything, and it's back to .500 ball at best, minus their trek through Wartburg and Upper Iowa. They're little more than an annoyance for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Here's to keeping the Valley milquetoasty and average. Ben's a nice guy and a good coach. There are no Lurch's or Ahelegbes or Farokmadenijihads in the offing.

They've milked their run for everything, and it's back to .500 ball at best, minus their trek through Wartburg and Upper Iowa. They're little more than an annoyance for the foreseeable future.
          UNI actually beat out Iowa for a couple guys coming in. One next year and one the following I believe. Both are players, play for Iowa Barnstormers.

Comment

Plus UNI has another Koch brother coming in I believe.

Comment

I think this is good for the valley. If we are in the valley to stay, we need our current crop of coaches to stay a long time and build as best they can.

I look around the valley as it will be next year and there isn't a coach I don't like. Dan Muller is making a case but I am not officially down on him yet.

Phelps is gone. Big Mac is gone. Look at the other names and tell me you don't like these guys.

Now we just need our blue collar coaches to get recruiting and create some strength from within.

I'm a valley guy because I'm sentimental. I would love to see our proud programs like Bradley and SIU re emerge with some icing on top from UNI, INST and a couple others.

Comment

This is good because he will keep UNI solid. They won't be great unless the find a diamond in the rough or something, but they should be a Top 100 RPI more often than not. That's all I ask from the middle of the pack types. And considering UNI can only pay so much, it's nice that they have a solid coach who's happy where he's at and they don't have to go digging into the dumpster to find some assistant somewhere.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                X