Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA coming down on Missouri Mens B-Ball coach Frank Haith

http://www.kmbc.com/news/kansas-city...?absolute=true:mask:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

This will be interesting. That Miami thing is bigger than I thought it was.

Comment

We knew this was coming at some point. One reason I was surprised that Mizzou even hired the guy.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I was surprised Missouri would hire him also. And I was really surprised Jim Leranega(sp) would take the Miami job.
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          We knew this was coming at some point. One reason I was surprised that Mizzou even hired the guy.
          The Yahoosports expose on Miami football and a basketball was a complete shock to the Missouri administration. It happened in August about 5 months after he was hired. There was a not a peep about any improprieties prior to that point. I'd feel bad if it was any other school but not our instate archrivals.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
            The Yahoosports expose on Miami football and a basketball was a complete shock to the Missouri administration. It happened in August about 5 months after he was hired. There was a not a peep about any improprieties prior to that point. I'd feel bad if it was any other school but not our instate archrivals.
            That's just completely false. There was talk about issues before Haith ever left Miami I believe. If not, shortly afterwards as I remember discussion of it when he was being rumored as an MU coaching candidate. Maybe the news of such thing travels slower to Missouri than the rest of the nation.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

That's just completely false. There was talk about issues before Haith ever left Miami I believe. If not, shortly afterwards as I remember discussion of it when he was being rumored as an MU coaching candidate. Maybe the news of such thing travels slower to Missouri than the rest of the nation.
              Don't they still use the Shetland Pony Express and carrier pigeons when ever their smoke signals don't work?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You must stop now. Do you just make it up as you go along? The level of delusion in which you operate suggests that you run, don't walk, to obtain massive amounts of psychological care.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                  You must stop now. Do you just make it up as you go along? The level of delusion in which you operate suggests that you run, don't walk, to obtain massive amounts of psychological care.
                  The community mental health centers of Mizzery must be at capacity not to have LFG in its shackles.

Comment

How could Mizzou not have known about this problem? I like how his lawyers have said to not rush to judgement yet. Of course they will say that. The U had one of the most corrupt athletic departments in the past decade. And they got caught! Anyone associated to one of their major programs will go done with the ship on this.

Comment

You are definitely misremembering this one my friend. Remember this guy had an awful record at Miami. The only selling point was that he was a much more personable guy than Mike Anderson and that he could get Rick Pitino's top recruiter at Louisville. They'd have passed in a hearbeat if they would have known about his issues. Remember that Miami had just hired a new football coach in the winter too. Golden never would have taken the job if the allegations were known. That is why everyone was shocked in August when yahoosports ran their story.

Plus the Missouri AD and chancellor mentioned multiple times in August when the allegations came to light that they had vetted him with the NCAA which is a standard operating procedure apparently. The NCAA gave Haith a clean bill of health in the Spring, then the Nevin Shapiro issues came to light in the late summer. Sucks to be Miami and Missouri. But then again it always has.

Comment

You are definitely misremembering this one my friend. Remember this guy had an awful record at Miami. The only selling point was that he was a much more personable guy than Mike Anderson and that he could get Rick Pitino's top recruiter at Louisville. They'd have passed in a hearbeat if they would have known about his issues. Remember that Miami had just hired a new football coach in the winter too. Golden never would have taken the job if the allegations were known. That is why everyone was shocked in August when yahoosports ran their story.

Plus the Missouri AD and chancellor mentioned multiple times in August when the allegations came to light that they had vetted him with the NCAA which is a standard operating procedure apparently. The NCAA gave Haith a clean bill of health in the Spring, then the Nevin Shapiro issues came to light in the late summer. Sucks to be Miami and Missouri. But then again it always has.
                        I believe you may be right........on this one.

Comment

So the Mizzou AD was incompetent? So be it. I remember talking about the hire when it happened with MU fans who weren't worried about anything. I'm glad it's going to come back and bite them all in the ass.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                            I believe you may be right........on this one.
                            Broken clock is right twice a day, you know. Yep.

I am constantly surrounded by Missouri fans so I have intimate knowledge of all their matters unfortunately.

Their AD is inept. But not for this hire. Heck in 1999 they interviewed Quin Snyder and Bill Self the same day. And they passed on a legend and hired the Dukie. That was stellar.

Comment

Hold the phones...

CBSSports.com@CBSSports
                              The NCAA has some explaining to do after making egregious errors while investigating the Miami scandal. http://cbsprt.co/NCAAError

The NCAA is putting the breaks on the Miami investigation process until another investigation is completed: a review of misconduct inside the NCAA enforcement program.

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                              X