Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overrated Universities

Some familiar, if unsurprising, names.

Difficult to throw rocks at any of those schools when their national rank is in the top 200 (Tier One = top 200 schools), and Wichita State is not even ranked but showing as a Tier 2 which aren't ranked at all. I'd rather Wichita State has a stellar national reputation and endeavors to live up to that reputation than not even being ranked.
    Bardo has a lot of work cut out for him, and I believe in his mission and his endeavor to grow the university and market the university on an academic level. One step in all of this is to enhance the reputation of WSU and get them ranked in the top 200.

Think about it... Would you rather have no reputation and "out perform" that or a high reputation and endeavor to live up to it? It's akin to making fun of a neighbor's car when you don't even have one.

I could be mistaken on WSU's Tier 2 status.

Comment

We are a tier 2 research institution while KU & KSU are tier 1s. It will be a fight just shy of Regents proportions unless we get significant support in the legislature...

Go Shocks!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Meh that site didn't even list Kung Wu under notable alumni.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          We are a tier 2 research institution while KU & KSU are tier 1s. It will be a fight just shy of Regents proportions unless we get significant support in the legislature...

Go Shocks!
          I like Bardo's demeanor thus far though.... Get stronger and get bigger or go home. I think he's the guy.

Comment

It is LONG overdue...
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              It is LONG overdue...
              Agree.

Comment

so true
                "Two dribbles and a ham sandwich" ~ Gregg Marshall
                Wichita State, a team long on grit, made everything it shot. ~ Normal, Ill. newspaper 2/19/13

Comment

Working...
                X