San Jose State Women’s (?) Volleyball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Jose State Women’s (?) Volleyball

Are they going to win every match by forfeit the rest of the year? This story, barely getting any coverage due to everything else going on, is part of a trend creating a micro shift of political opinion from those whose daughters play competitive sports. There are so many angles to look at beyond sports.

Yup, I think the other teams should file a class action against the NCAA for allowing men to compete against women.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

In a rational, educated world taking the stance of allowing men to compete in women's sports would be poltical and occupational suicide.

But here we are with dumb-dumbs getting a taste of power and trying to silence rational people.

I don't think even liberals will let the leftists go this far for much longer. I hope not.

Comment

If it were me, I'd keep my mouth shut. I wouldn't call the school. I'd let them drive/fly/whatever, show up, and then tell them, "Oh, we decided not to play you "guys" after all.

And then I'd text their coach this...

Comment

Nevada admin says they will play SJSU, but team votes no. Nevada comes out with statement and says teams vote doesn’t reflect position of school. WTF?

Comment

Wow.

From the University: “The University and its athletic programs are governed by the Nevada Constitution and Nevada law, which strictly protect equality of rights under the law, and that equality of rights shall not be denied or abridged by this state or any of its subdivisions on account of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, ancestry or national origin."

Nevada's constitution also used to make interracial marriage illegal. So I guess if it's in there it must be right?

Is allowing males to compete in female sport violating Nevada's constitution that says "equality of rights shall not be denied ... on account of ... sex"? Don't females have the right to create a league that's on equal footing with male leagues and excludes males for the purposes of safety and fair competition? Males already have leagues that they can compete in. The answer is obvious.

Comment

This will be interesting to follow. The schools stance is that the match will go on, but the girls can choose on that day whether to play without repercussions.

Talk about trying to have it both ways.

Comment

I really hope those ladies stand strong. It wouldn't surprise me if the university is applying pressure behind the scenes. This nonsense needs to stop.
                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                X