Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youngest FBS Head Coach is a Local

KWCH - Hutchinson native Nate Dreiling becomes FBS' youngest coach

Nate Dreiling, who played at Hutchinson High and Pittsburg State before a brief stint in professional football, became the youngest coach in FBS college football when he was named interim coach at Utah State this week.

Utah State placed coach Blake Anderson on administrative leave and plans to fire him for alleged noncompliance with Title IX policies.

Dreiling, 33, was the NCAA Division II defensive player of the year at Pitt State in 2011 and led the Gorillas to the national championship. He played for his father, Randy Dreiling, at Hutchinson and helped the Salthawks win the 6A championship in each of his four years there. He gets his first head coaching opportunity after serving as defensive coordinator at Utah State, New Mexico State and Pitt State.

Dreiling signed as an undrafted free agent with the Green Bay Packers in 2014 and spent time on the Kansas City Chiefs’ practice squad.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

How does a football coach get fired for Title IX noncompliance?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      How does a football coach get fired for Title IX noncompliance?
      Yeah, I'm not sure how that works either. But it must be a thing somehow. Thought that was more at the AD level or something.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

According to CBS Sports: "violations of university policies related to the reporting of sexual and domestic violence and failures of professional responsibilities."​

I would post the link, but Kung Wu would have to teach me how…….again.
        Go Shocks!

Comment

CBS Sports - Utah State set to fire Blake Anderson: Coach placed on administrative leave amid noncompliance with Title IX

Utah State has informed coach Blake Anderson that it intends to terminate his employment agreement after an investigation turned up noncompliance with university policies concerning Title IX, the school announced Tuesday. Anderson has 14 days to respond to the university's notice.

Deputy athletic director Jerry Bovee, who served as interim athletic director in 2023, and director of player development Austin Albrecht have already been fired for "violations of university policies related to the reporting of sexual and domestic violence and failures of professional responsibilities."

The team was informed that defensive coordinator and defensive ends coach Nate Dreiling, who was hired in January, will serve as interim coach.

"As leaders, we are responsible for ensuring allegations of USU policy violations are investigated," Utah State president Elizabeth Cantwell and athletic director Diana Sabau said in a joint statement. "Today's actions are the result of a thorough external investigation, and we believe the evidence demands immediate action. Our job is to fearlessly hold ourselves and others accountable for their conduct and to make sure that, for the sake of our students and our community, we are living the values of our university. While recognizing the impact of these decisions on our student-athletes and football program, we will continue to take the steps necessary to deliver a respectful, transparent and winning culture at Utah State University."
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
            According to CBS Sports: "violations of university policies related to the reporting of sexual and domestic violence and failures of professional responsibilities."​

I would post the link, but Kung Wu would have to teach me how…….again.
            Ahh, now the Title IX issue is making more sense.

To post a link, right-click on it and "Copy" it. Then come back here where you post and right-click and "Paste" it. Should be that simple.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I suppose I should remember this kid, but I do not. Curious as to what kind of a relationship he has with his dad.

Comment

In connection to this, hiring on as the associate head coach and senior offensive analyst at Utah State is none other than BCC Sports Hall of Fame and Kansas Sports Hall of Fame coach Troy Morrell. Coach Morrell spent 19 years at Butler and was part of 5 national championship teams and four runners up. He had a record as a HC of 154-22.

He retired from coaching after the 2014 season I believe.

Another Kansas connection to this staff is Dave Wiemer who will be the senior defensive analyst. Coach Wiemer has coached at Emporia State and Pittsburg State in the past. Wiemer coached Dreiling at Pitt State.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                X