K-State Prez. want it to be Kansas State only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-State Prez. want it to be Kansas State only

http://www.kansas.com/2012/09/26/250...p-k-state.html ..This is sort of interesting. I know from being in the military that organizations have a difficult time deciding what their identity should really be. As far back as I can remember though, popular slang among the local population when it came to regarding the big 3 has always been WSU, KU, K-State. This will be a hefty transformation for kansas state though. It will include changes to their football and basketball fields and basketball jerseys. Wonder how much that total cost will be...

Good luck with that...
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

They can complain all they want, everyone will still call them k-state.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I could have sworn just a little bit ago that they were talking about how "K-State" is their image, that it's recognizable around the country.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I guess it's Kansas State for academics now but they will continue to be K-State for athletics.

Confused farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            I could have sworn just a little bit ago that they were talking about how "K-State" is their image, that it's recognizable around the country.
            Same here.

Comment

Well the fight song contains the words "K-State" throughout and the song ends with "Go State". Good luck changing this in K-State culture, kinda reminds me of when th dip-stick Warren Armstrong changed "Wichita State University" to "The Wichita State University" and for you pups that change did not last long.
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I want Wichita State to be the University of Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
                  Well the fight song contains the words "K-State" throughout and the song ends with "Go State". Good luck changing this in K-State culture, kinda reminds me of when th dip-stick Warren Armstrong changed "Wichita State University" to "The Wichita State University" and for you pups that change did not last long.
                  I wonder if the cost of researching that, creating new logos, new marketing collateral, business cards for scores of faculty and staff, attornies fees, etc. would have made a dent in paying off some of the football team's debt and sustaining the program?
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                  X