Oh how the mighty have fallen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh how the mighty have fallen

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/thanks-showing-miami-fans-photo-175408799--ncaaf.html

T
    alk about fair weather fans. I think Shocker nation could do better than this.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

I only wish he would have been more clear about his feelings regarding Miami's D-line. He sounded like he was on the fence about the 'canes defense...lol.

Comment

At least Miami's field looks decent. Maryland's looks like crap.

Maryland is ready for that moment when fans want to rush the field and tear down the goalposts. Whenever that moment might come. According to the Washington Post, the university installed new hydraulic goalposts to stop all those rowdy fans … Continue reading →

Comment

Where do they play now?

Comment

How embarrassing.

Comment

Now we know why Maryland looked so good to Turg. No competition from football.

Comment

Maryland: Seems like wherever Lew Perkins was an AD, their football program ultimately falls on hard times.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                Maryland: Seems like wherever Lew Perkins was an AD, their football program ultimately falls on hard times.
                Didn't UCONN make a comeback while he was there?

Comment

Yes, I think he was AD at UCONN when they made the jump from DII to DI. He thought it was imperative to bolster conference affiliation (go figure). I believe he banked it on a state funded football stadium called Rentschler Field located about 30 minutes from campus which opened during his last year at UCONN. Could be a problem as it doesn't create the positive football campus environment on Saturdays. I'm not sure what their attendance tracking is though. Better than ours --- unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                  X