Billy Gillispie - certified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Gillispie - certified

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/20052645/more-trouble-for-gillispie-as-allegations-of-mistreatment-surface

T
    he NCAA should pursue a restraining order on this joke of a coach.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    Wow. I had no idea any of this was going on down there. That much turnover from that many areas is a HUGE red flag. He has no business coaching at any level if even half of this stuff is true.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Their is way to much smoke there to not be some substantial problems. In fact, sounds like they are dealing with a wildfire in high winds.

Kind of ironic that one of the kids that bailed on Gillispie was a kid named Wannah Bail.

It's one thing to be a tough hard-nosed coach but sounds like this guy is nuts. Texas Tech may be wishing they didn't quit on Pat Knight quite so quickly.

Comment

It would be interesting to see Kennedy & Dahl doing layup drills the night before a game. :smile-new:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Their is way to much smoke there to not be some substantial problems. In fact, sounds like they are dealing with a wildfire in high winds.

Kind of ironic that one of the kids that bailed on Gillispie was a kid named Wannah Bail.

It's one thing to be a tough hard-nosed coach but sounds like this guy is nuts. Texas Tech may be wishing they didn't quit on Pat Knight quite so quickly.
          When you're making radio and TV guys do lay-up drills, AND making them run the stairs if they miss, you're either nuts, or a candidate for Dictator Of The Month!

What were the media dudes thinking to even agree to that?

Comment

Don't you think it was just a goofball thing thats beIng spun into something else? I totally believe all the other stuff about making an injured player practice, but grown adults participating in layup drills were doing it for fun -- there's just no other way that happens.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Somebody named their kid Wanna Bail

Comment

First time I've seeen anybody joke about Waana's name. When you are as good as Waana nobody makes jokes.
                In the fast lane

Comment

I could possibly see a situation where media did as he said because they wanted access and were afraid they'd lose that by not participating. Especially if he's as big of an ass as these accusations say
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Billy Gillispie reads like this- He has a horrible resume' along with some excellent references. This is getting to the point though where I think Bill Self needs to stop praising Gillispie for their days in Tulsa and distance himself. Gillispie is nearing the point of ending up in the nut house.

Comment

Gillespie lucked into one player - AC Law - put a saddle on him and rode him to the Kentucky job.

Now he should just ride off into the sunset.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                        First time I've seeen anybody joke about Waana's name. When you are as good as Waana nobody makes jokes.
                        @tropicalshox:, do you know where Wannah Bail ended up or is he still a free agent?

Comment

Gillispie has been arrested several times for DUI. Been through a divorce. Been through rehab. And now, checks himself into the hospital. Maybe he's back on the sauce?

:very_drunk:
                          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I could possibly see a situation where media did as he said because they wanted access and were afraid they'd lose that by not participating. Especially if he's as big of an ass as these accusations say
                            That was my logic when reading about making media guys run stairs.

Also, I can't remember from when I read the article, but they didn't talk specifics on people, did they? I mean for all we know it was the student newspaper kids, and local news interns, where they would do something like that just because they didn't know better, know how to stand up for themselves, etc.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              That was my logic when reading about making media guys run stairs.

Also, I can't remember from when I read the article, but they didn't talk specifics on people, did they? I mean for all we know it was the student newspaper kids, and local news interns, where they would do something like that just because they didn't know better, know how to stand up for themselves, etc.
                              Here are the two paragraphs in question ... sounds to me like a reporter just trying to pile on and spin something that was probably lighthearted and supposed to be a team/media building fun-time:

One source said that Gillispie, the night before most games, has everyone in attendance participate in layup lines at the start of practice -- including television and radio broadcasters, strength coaches and assistant coaches.

"If we fumbled the ball, slipped or shot it with the wrong hand, he'd make us run the steps of the arena," the source said. "He got a big kick out of it, but it was demeaning for us as grown men."
                              Everyone in the description in that first paragraph sounds like a grown adult to me?
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                              X