KU sanctions to be announced 10/11/'23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Talking to a few friends last night, apparently the removal of games from the record book improves Bill Self's winning percentage.
    They apparently don’t teach math well on Mount Oread.

Just because the wins are vacated doesn’t mean the losses are absolved.
    Last edited by WuShock16; October 12, 2023, 10:01 AM.
    78-65

Comment

Credit Kansas for exposing what an utter joke the NCAA has become (msn.com)

'Kansas basketball and coach Bill Self stared down a six-year NCAA investigation with five Level I violation charges, and proceeded to beat the brakes off the NCAA and its Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP) like it was some hapless March Madness 16-seed.'

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
        Credit Kansas for exposing what an utter joke the NCAA has become (msn.com)

'Kansas basketball and coach Bill Self stared down a six-year NCAA investigation with five Level I violation charges, and proceeded to beat the brakes off the NCAA and its Independent Accountability Resolution Process (IARP) like it was some hapless March Madness 16-seed.'
        To be fair, doesn’t KU have the #1 law school for public defenders?
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

To be fair, doesn’t KU have the #1 law school for public defenders?
          Not that I could find. I did see where US News ranked KU as #40 among law schools. #108 in Criminal Law.

Comment

Not that I could find. I did see where US News ranked KU as #40 among law schools. #108 in Criminal Law.
            Huh. You would think that as Teflon as they are they would have the best public defenders out there.
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

ESPN - Kansas basketball gets out of jail free, but falsehoods are there for all to see

After the University of Kansas once again dodged the truth, I called Merl Code.

“I did time in prison for them,” Code said.

Code is the former Adidas consultant who was caught up in the 2017 federal investigation of corruption in college sports. He was convicted of bribery and fraud, served 5½ months in federal prison, and is now trying to reassemble the shattered pieces of his life.

The University of Kansas is the top-ranked men’s basketball team going into the 2023-24 season. On Wednesday, the powers that control the NCAA orchestrated a decision saying that Kansas, its athletic department, and coach Bill Self are not guilty of any major violations stemming from that FBI investigation.

Instead of a postseason ban, Kansas basketball gets a finger-wag and a stern look. Self-dealing and corruption in big-time college sports remain undefeated.

“The panel decision unequivocally confirms our coaches were not involved in – or had knowledge of – payments to student-athletes,” Kansas chancellor Douglas Girod and athletic director Travis Goff said in a statement.

Wait, what? Kansas can’t just take its get-out-of-jail-free card and go about its lucrative business? The chancellor and his AD gonna pop off like this?

Aiight, bet. What these men said is as close to a lie as Allen Fieldhouse is to the Kansas River. It’s reminiscent of President Bill Clinton, while lying about his sexual encounter with Monica Lewinsky, saying, “That depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.” The statement is semantically designed to mislead us into thinking that Self, his staff and his superiors – including Goff and Girod – never knew about, much less indulged in, the everyday practice of paying for the services of the best teenage basketball players in the world.

Players such as Zion Williamson, who was being recruited by Kansas in 2017 when the FBI recorded incriminating conversations between Code and Kansas assistant coach Kurt Townsend.

A message to all you rabid Jayhawks fans: I’ve been down this road with y’all before: Where’s the proof?The university already punished itselfWe vacated some wins and took responsibility… blah blah blah What about Duke? If the glove doesn’t fit Man, miss me with the self-righteous indignation and read the transcript of what Townsend said to Code:

Townsend: “Between me and you, [Williamson’s stepfather, Lee Anderson] asked about some stuff. You know? And I said well, I mean, we’ll talk about that when you decide.”

Code: “I know what he’s asking. He’s asking about opportunities from an occupational perspective. He’s asking for money in the pocket. And he’s asking for housing for him and his family. He’s asking for —”

Townsend: “Yeah, cause they gonna move there. You already know.”
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

the way this seems to work is that the IARP called Self on the carpet and asked him if he knew there was illegal stuff going on. Self said he didn't know and had nothing to with what Adidas was doing.

Then the IARP decided that if Self said he didn't do anything wrong, then there was no way to punish him or KU. It also appears that once the IARP, not the NCAA, had done the whitewashing of a couple blue bloods, there was no reason to continue the IARP's existence, so the NCAA disbanded the IARP..

Systemic rewarding of the biggest cheaters seems to be the operating principle of the NCAA.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Not quite on topic, but remember when KU fans all said KU didn't need to cheat because good players wanted to play at KU and didn't need to be paid?

Now that other B12 teams can legally pay players, how's that working out for KU?

Comment

Not sure it was an official penalty, but the Hawks got ass raped tonight in Lubbock.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Not sure it was an official penalty, but the Hawks got ass raped tonight in Lubbock.
                      Seems to me they also got a 2nd hole drilled.

Comment

Seems to me they also got a 2nd hole drilled.
                        Now they have a trans lady part.

Comment

Working...
                        X