No announcement yet.

Penn St- gets hammered by NCAA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They didnt need an investigation. The Freeh report was much more thorough than any NCAA investigation ever. And Penn St agreed with the report. That made it easy for the NCAA.

Comment

Sounds like blackmail.

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      There have been reports of interviews with people within the NCAA that have said that PSU was given a choice by the NCAA. They could accept these penalties and sign a decree stating so and that they wouldn't fight it, or be given a four year Death Penalty. I've seen mixed reports after that though. Some have said that would be it, no other fines or penalties, but othes have said it was four years plus other stuff, but with no specifics. Sounds like PSU, by cooperating, got off easy.

Comment

Blackmail? Sounds more like an employer saying we can either terminate you, or give you leave without pay for so long. Which will it be.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Does the NCAA own the universities? The NCAA wasn't threatening to boot Penn State...no indeed because that would be NCAA dollars lost. To me it is more like an employee saying, either you take this position in Toyko or we are cutting your salary in half.

Blackmail? Sounds more like an employer saying we can either terminate you, or give you leave without pay for so long. Which will it be.

Comment

The NCAA is the governing body. It wasn't an exact example, but similar. I'd hardly call it blackmail. Nobody is going to be crying about this being too hard. It's not some secret ploy to extract anything from PSU. They simply got the choice of their punishment.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

But the NCAA just changed their by laws Sunday night in order to levy punishment for possible criminal infractions. Was that within their jurisdiction so to speak?

The NCAA is the governing body. It wasn't an exact example, but similar. I'd hardly call it blackmail. Nobody is going to be crying about this being too hard. It's not some secret ploy to extract anything from PSU. They simply got the choice of their punishment.

Comment

Originally posted by CourtJester View Post
                Does the NCAA own the universities? The NCAA wasn't threatening to boot Penn State...no indeed because that would be NCAA dollars lost. To me it is more like an employee saying, either you take this position in Toyko or we are cutting your salary in half.
                Tokyo??? More like Kamchatka.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Things could get interesting.... PSU trustees to meet on NCAA penalties
                  A person with knowledge of the situation says the Penn State board of trustees will meet Wednesday afternoon to discuss whether President Rodney Erickson had the authority to agree to unprecedented NCAA sanctions against the football program without first getting the board's approval.
                  Some trustees have expressed concern that Erickson violated a board rule that says the board must authorize the signing of "contracts, legal documents, and other obligations."
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Penn State Faced Four Year Death Penalty
                    Erickson said if Penn State did not agree to the sanctions, a formal investigation would have begun and the university could have faced a multiyear death penalty, as well as "other sanctions," including a financial penalty far greater than $60 million.

"There were figures that were thrown around that were quite large," he said.

After five days of intense discussions last week, Erickson and Emmert agreed last Sunday to the historic punishment of a $60 million fine, a four-year postseason ban, significant loss of scholarships and the vacating of 14 years of 112 Penn State victories, causing Joe Paterno to fall from first to eighth on the Division I all-time coaches' win list.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Nicely executed shakedown by America's newest Kangaroo Court.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Penn State got lucky that Emmert negotiated with them rather than just go with what the NCAA school presidents wanted. I still think a four year DP with fines and more would have been a better punishment.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Victim 2 coming forward to sue
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Can you even put a dollar amount on this?

Comment

Life in prison is not enough for Sandusky. I only wish Paterno had lived to face criminal charges. I would have taken football away from Ped State forever. FOREVER.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X