Barry Hinson SIU Press Conference 06-20-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barry Hinson SIU Press Conference 06-20-12

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Sounds like Barry has plenty of challenges at SIU but I think SIU will be somewhat better this next season simply from the addition of Barry and the subtraction of Chris Lowery.

I would certainly not expect his team to quit on him like they did last year at Koch Arena.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 21, 2012, 02:26 PM.

Barry will most definitely stop the bleeding and get things moving in the right direction. It'll take a couple of years to see much turnaround I think, but the fact that he still has Daniels on the team will help. I thought he was leaving SIU but apparently ended up staying.

It'll also be interesting if SIU can avoid any APR santions the next couple of years. Barry won't be taking any flyers on athletes that may not make the grades.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I believe that Dantiel Daniels was going to leave but had a change of heart after Barry was hired. It's also possible that his grades were simply not good enough to qualify for a transfer.

6'9" Treg Setty left after one year at SIU and pretty much burned his bridges and I believe has transferred to Ohio.

6'10" Harry Whitt also quit the team after one year and is not going to play basketball next year. Apparently he may have some issues with his knees. He will be attending Arizona where his Mom teaches.

So SIU has very little depth on the frontcourt at this point and Barry was certainly to the point in saying SIU is not a good shooting team.

They lost 6'7" Mamadou Seck to graduation but they do have a transfer from Wyoming, 6'5" guard Desmar Jackson, who will be eligible this year.

Comment

APR issues at Southern:

I think Barry will eventually do quite well at SIU, but he definitely walked into the Schmitt house on this one.

Comment

Another article following up on the APR mess left by Chris Lowery and inherited by Barry Hinson at SIU.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Another article following up on the APR mess left by Chris Lowery and inherited by Barry Hinson at SIU.

http://www.st-extra.com/extra/?p=1899
            If there's any category in which the article 1972 cited can win a prize for hitting the nail squarely on the head, somebody let me know and I'll nominate it. What an article! What a country!

Comment

Lowery was fired "for cause" because of the academic performance of the players. While I hate to see the players not doing well in class, Lowery not getting a penny of the rest of his contract is sweetness.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

http://www.st-extra.com/extra/?p=1899
                Boom goes the dynamite.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

Northern Iowa's APR is pretty danged impressive.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

We can knock the Valley all we want, but Barry Hinson is a great ambassador for the conference. How can you not love this guy?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Barry is a great person and I hope he does well. Not many people would say the things Barry has the nads to say.

Comment

Saluki Basketball ‏@SIU_Basketball 34m
                        Barry Hinson withdrew his name from consideration for Texas Tech job on Friday morning.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Is that because Tubby is a leading candidate?
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Is that because Tubby is a leading candidate?
                            From what I have seen so far, it is Tubby's job if he wants it...
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

That'd be good for Tech.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X