You're Outta Here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're Outta Here!!!

I just came across an ejection that I found interesting and felt the need to share. So I figure I'll just have this be a running thread for college ejections of players or coaches in any sport that anyone comes across and wants to share.

This one happened in the Mississippi State v Arkansas game.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I want to see the clip where an AI umpire throws someone out of a game.

Comment

I coached my daughter's softball team and completely forgot about the "dead ball" thing. The defensive team has to react the umpire, and it is easy to miss. It seems to me the HR should have been erased and thus the MSU coach was wrong, besides being totally unhinged.

Comment

it's hard to tell for sure, but it looks like he may have been ejected for staring down the batter or the Georgia dugout while doing it. I'm not entirely sure if that rises to the level of ejection on its own, but it's different than just an excited reaction in general towards your team. Also have no idea if anything may have happened before hand or if there were any type of warnings about certain behavior or words.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Don't feed the animals. Or the Pirates.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

New Mexico State makes headlines again for all the wrong reasons. Cheap shot leads to ejection. Certainly CUSA will have him suspended for multiple games if NMSU doesn't do it themselves.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                New Mexico State makes headlines again for all the wrong reasons. Cheap shot leads to ejection. Certainly CUSA will have him suspended for multiple games if NMSU doesn't do it themselves.

Holy crap.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Was he called for a flop?

Comment

******* will find a way to blame GM and GH for this.
                    78-65

Comment

Scott Drew gets ejected for the first time...

I need to look into what led up to this. Drew looks like he intentionally took a stride to get out of the box which makes me wonder if he'd been warned about straying. IF that was the case I could kind of see it happening. If the ref that did it was just looking for a reason then it's completely weak.

There's a fine line/delicate balance you have to keep as an official. If a coach is trying to show you up in some way then it needs to be addressed.

Personal story, my first ejection as a ref was kind of similar. In HS after your first T you're essentially glued to the bench. The coach in question stood up to call a timeout which I acknowledged, but I was trying to report a foul. Then he stepped towards me declaring that he can stand up to call a TO and I had to give him the hand so I could report my foul. He continued to step and get louder trying to work up the fans. I ended it.

Obviously, my coach did more to get it, but he was doing it to try to show he was in charge of a young official who at the time was told by other officials that he looked like he was still in HS (I was mid 20s). If you let that go then it gets harder to get him back under control.

Now Drew wasn't being that belligerent, but I'm still curious as to what had gone on before hand. This wasn't just because he was out of the box, which is very common in the NCAA. I'd also guess that the guy that tossed him probably gave him his first T as well.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Ohio State Fires Head Basketball Coach Chris Holtmann (msn.com)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thought about starting a new coaching carousel thread for this year when I saw that.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Agree with Forde, this was an easy ejection call. It's also the perfect example of why replay is good. The official that called the foul was more focused on the guy with the ball and the C official wasn't even looking at the play as he's watching another area. Without replay he probably gets away with a common foul.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Agree with Forde, this was an easy ejection call. It's also the perfect example of why replay is good. The official that called the foul was more focused on the guy with the ball and the C official wasn't even looking at the play as he's watching another area. Without replay he probably gets away with a common foul.
                              Right in the ole Adams apple...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X