UTEP Coach Gives Ride To Stranded Pitt Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTEP Coach Gives Ride To Stranded Pitt Players

ESPN - Stranded Pitt players hitch ride to Sun Bowl with UTEP basketball coach

"I see these guys; they have Pitt bags on. They start talking about playing in the Sun Bowl and having to get to El Paso and there wasn't any cars left. And I was like, 'Hey, if we can find a big enough car, I'll take you guys home.' And they were like, 'Who are you?'" Golding said, laughing. "[The rental car employees] showed up with a minivan first of all. It was too small, and we couldn't all fit in it. Then they had like a big Ford Explorer. I said, 'Who's using that one?' He said, 'Nobody right now. But you can't afford that one; it's too much money.' I said, 'Just give it to us; we got to get home, man.'"

Golding said his wife, Amanda, and sons, Cason and Chase, sat in the back, while Frantl got in the front seat and Okunlola and Primus took the middle seats.

"We went to the gas station and loaded up for dinner about 9:30, 10 at night," Golding said. "Made one stop in Pecos [Texas] at the Pilot for some fresh coffee and a couple Red Bulls and made it all the way back, man."
    Great story.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry
Working...
X