Crazy NCAA Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy NCAA Record

I missed seeing this story over the weekend.

ESPN - Grinnell College attempts NCAA record 111 3-pointers in win

GRINNELL, Iowa -- Grinnell College set an NCAA men's basketball record for 3-point attempts when it tried every one of its 111 shots from beyond the arc in the Division III school's 124-67 victory over Emmaus Bible College.

The number eclipsed the 109 3-point shots Troy attempted in its infamous game against DeVry on Jan. 12, 1992, when the Trojans won 258-141 in what is still the highest-scoring game in NCAA history.

Grinnell didn't just shoot a lot of 3s Thursday night; the Pioneers made them. They were 40-of-111 from the field, shot 51.1% in the second half, and their total made 3s is second in NCAA history behind the 42 they made against Emmaus in 2018.

The Pioneers are no strangers to making history.
    GRINNELL, Iowa -- Grinnell College set an NCAA men's basketball record for 3-point attempts when it tried every one of its 111 shots from beyond the arc in the Division III school's 124-67 victory over Emmaus Bible College.

The number eclipsed the 109 3-point shots Troy attempted in its infamous game against DeVry on Jan. 12, 1992, when the Trojans won 258-141 in what is still the highest-scoring game in NCAA history.

Grinnell didn't just shoot a lot of 3s Thursday night; the Pioneers made them. They were 40-of-111 from the field, shot 51.1% in the second half, and their total made 3s is second in NCAA history behind the 42 they made against Emmaus in 2018.

The Pioneers are no strangers to making history.
    I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this. They play fast and shoot quick. The thing is, they shoot pretty well, at least in this game.

111 shots in a game is insane on its own, but all from three is....

It may not be the best way to win games, but I could see how playing their style could be fun for those in the system.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry
Working...
X