X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One-time coaching phenom Lowery starts over at K-State

“You remember me guys? You beat us by 8 million,”

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

I wonder if all these ex-SIU coachs would be interested in a home and home with our Shocks?
    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
      I wonder if all these ex-SIU coachs would be interested in a home and home with our Shocks?
      They actually want to keep their jobs this time I'm sure.

Comment

A game with WSU.. lol.. That would be the cherry on top of the cake for k-staters these days. Just from people I know who go to school at KSU, I've heard some crazy stuff, and I don't even think any of it is true. First it was that the NCAA was investigating KSU because of the jamar samuals situation, then it was KSU fired the guy that told John Currie about the samuals situation. Bottom line is, I don't think WSU is interested in playing KSU right now, who would be for that matter? I guess I've just never seen an athletic department such a made up crisis mode like this before. Are most KSU fans satisfied with john currie right now? no. Do most people believe Bruce Webber will last long in Manhattan? no. I think we have less of a chance of playing KSU now then we did when frank martin was there. There's simply nothing in it these days for WSU's besides playing a team who's jersey's say K-STATE on them and I also don't think Bruce Webber or John Currie want want to go down that road at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
          A game with WSU.. lol.. That would be the cherry on top of the cake for k-staters these days. Just from people I know who go to school at KSU, I've heard some crazy stuff, and I don't even think any of it is true. First it was that the NCAA was investigating KSU because of the jamar samuals situation, then it was KSU fired the guy that told John Currie about the samuals situation. Bottom line is, I don't think WSU is interested in playing KSU right now, who would be for that matter? I guess I've just never seen an athletic department such a made up crisis mode like this before. Are most KSU fans satisfied with john currie right now? no. Do most people believe Bruce Webber will last long in Manhattan? no. I think we have less of a chance of playing KSU now then we did when frank martin was there. There's simply nothing in it these days for WSU's besides playing a team who's jersey's say K-STATE on them and I also don't think Bruce Webber or John Currie want want to go down that road at the moment.
          Honestly, what the hell does most of that have to do with a game between WSU and the Mildcats? And, if the Mildcats called with a home and home deal, do you really believe 3G would turn it down?
          "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
            This is actually an interesting question. Bruce Weber has played both at home and away against SIU and ISU. So maybe there is hope of a series between KSU and WSU. Turgeon used to whine all the time about how hard it was to schedule games while at WSU, but he hasn't seemed to help the MVC since he bolted. Frank Martin liked HCGM and they did the scrimmages, but no series ever materialized. Weber could be the guy to make it happen again.

Bleed Yellow, you need to get a clue. Whats in it for WSU? A game against a BCS opponent; a very anticipated game by both fan bases; likely a top 50 RPI game against KSU; likely a ranked opponent against KSU. The rumors you post as "fact" have no bearing on the fact that KSU will be a VERY good team next year.

Seriously, any rational fan of KSU or WSU wants some kind of fair series, either home and home, or some combination of home/IBA/Sprint.

Comment

Originally posted by shockkansas View Post
              This is actually an interesting question. Bruce Weber has played both at home and away against SIU and ISU. So maybe there is hope of a series between KSU and WSU. Turgeon used to whine all the time about how hard it was to schedule games while at WSU, but he hasn't seemed to help the MVC since he bolted. Frank Martin liked HCGM and they did the scrimmages, but no series ever materialized. Weber could be the guy to make it happen again.

Bleed Yellow, you need to get a clue. Whats in it for WSU? A game against a BCS opponent; a very anticipated game by both fan bases; likely a top 50 RPI game against KSU; likely a ranked opponent against KSU. The rumors you post as "fact" have no bearing on the fact that KSU will be a VERY good team next year.

Seriously, any rational fan of KSU or WSU wants some kind of fair series, either home and home, or some combination of home/IBA/Sprint.
              As much as it pains me to agree with a MildCat,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:good:

Comment

I really don't care if we play KSU. Beating them doesn't prove anything and they simply don't excite me. Especially with Weber as the coach. I never liked that whiny *****
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  I really don't care if we play KSU. Beating them doesn't prove anything and they simply don't excite me. Especially with Weber as the coach. I never liked that whiny *****
                  This kind of sounds like what KU thinks of us.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
                    This kind of sounds like what KU thinks of us.
                    I really don't care. KSU has never excited me over anything. If we play, fine. But I don't give a crap. And Weber is a whiny little *****. I couldn't stand him at SIU. Couldn't stand him at Illinois and pretty sure I won't be able to stand him in Craphattan.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Looks like SIU might get out of the buyout.

"I told Moccia that I had been told by multiple sources that Lowery was not just fired, but fired for cause. Under those terms, Southern was contesting its obligation to pay Lowery the reamining $1.5M on his contract. Was it true?

“Yes.”

I told Moccia that this was a slippery legal slope. Coaches are fired all the time. A lousy won loss record would not stand up in court as a reason for cause. Moccia didn’t hesitate.

“Chris Lowery was fired for one word: academics. The academic performance of our student athletes under his watch was not satisfactory.”

I reminded Moccia of an interview I did with Lowery (“9th place, Not Us!”) in October, where Lowery blamed the academic problems on Southern firing his assistant coaches. Moccia didn’t buy it then, and isn’t buying it now.

I then mentioned that I had seen a Lowery interview out of Kansas this week, where he blamed the downfall of Saluki basketball on Southern’s inability to retain its assistant coaches. The issue of assistant coaches seemed to be a common theme for Lowery explaining away his problems.

Moccia’s eyes tightened. He pondered his answer. And then he smiled.

“Let me use a favorite Chris Lowery phrase: ‘This one is on him.’”

http://www.st-extra.com/extra/?p=1644

Comment

Working...
                      X