NJCAA basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJCAA basketball

Not technically NCAA, but close enough. I figured this would be a good spot to follow local juco storylines.

Hutch (ranked #6) might be interesting due to their up-tempo style. Four games in:

W 124-101 Ft Scott
    W 113-105 #7 Triton
    W 117-107 NEOk
    W 139-84 Labette

That's an average of 123.25 per game. Six players average double figures, led by 6'5 G/F Aaron Franklin (RS-Fr, Raytown, MO) at 25.8 ppg (8.3 rpg) in just 24 minutes per game. He shoots nearly 45% from beyond the arc, averaging 3.2 of 7.2 3FG per game.

If the stats are to be believed (and I have no reason not to) they average 95.8 FGA per game (46.2%) and 42.5 3FG (34.1%).

Other ranked KS teams:
    #12 Coffeyville
    #18 Butler
    #21 Seward Co

I'm going to have to see these guys play. Just glancing at the box score from the NE Ok game, they probably get beat if NEO shoots a reasonable % from the FT line. You can probably fade 6-13 in some games, but 27-46 just won't get it done in a pinball scoreboard type of game.

But the various stats just are hard to make sense of......maybe Hutch just makes shots. They gave up 28/45 (better than their free throws) on 2 point shots which likely means a lot of layups and dunks which suggests a lot of full court and pressing D but they also turned the ball over 23 times and only turned over NEO 18 times. Paul Westhead would be proud.

Comment

Working...
    X