Danny Manning to Tulsa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Manning to Tulsa?

Numerous tweets saying this is going to happen.

Comment

What does this have to do with WSU basketball?

Comment

WSU still has 2 games left on the contract with Tulsa...so it does involve WSU hoops in some way.

Why is it every time someone brings up something going on in the world of college basketball that does not directly, and I mean absolutely to a T directly, involve a coach or player from WSU that someone or someones have to act like we as a fan base cannot even speak of it? Come on people, we pride ourselves on being an educated fan base, we tout that all the time, to be such we have to know about what is going on elsewhere too! Everyone is quick to bash the outsiders who call Wichita a black hole so to speak, but when no outside information is allowed in and the only thing discussed is WSU and nothing else, thats exactly how those opinions get formed. This is a public forum for discussion of anything pertaining to WSU basketball, which I'm sorry but that does include ANYTHING that happens in the realm of NCAA Division I Men's Basketball. If Coach Joe Schmoe goes to College "x" and it might possibly open the door to a home and home, does that have to do with WSU hoops? Or in the case of Manning to Tulsa...he could opt out of the contract to play WSU....just because a comment or story isn't about a WSU personality doesn't mean it can't/won't affect the Shockers in some way.
        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
          WSU still has 2 games left on the contract with Tulsa...so it does involve WSU hoops in some way.

Why is it every time someone brings up something going on in the world of college basketball that does not directly, and I mean absolutely to a T directly, involve a coach or player from WSU that someone or someones have to act like we as a fan base cannot even speak of it? Come on people, we pride ourselves on being an educated fan base, we tout that all the time, to be such we have to know about what is going on elsewhere too! Everyone is quick to bash the outsiders who call Wichita a black hole so to speak, but when no outside information is allowed in and the only thing discussed is WSU and nothing else, thats exactly how those opinions get formed. This is a public forum for discussion of anything pertaining to WSU basketball, which I'm sorry but that does include ANYTHING that happens in the realm of NCAA Division I Men's Basketball. If Coach Joe Schmoe goes to College "x" and it might possibly open the door to a home and home, does that have to do with WSU hoops? Or in the case of Manning to Tulsa...he could opt out of the contract to play WSU....just because a comment or story isn't about a WSU personality doesn't mean it can't/won't affect the Shockers in some way.
          That is why kai started the NCAA section. To discuss anything and everything in the NCAA that doesn't involve us. Since that's an option, it gives more legitimacy to those who say it should be moved there and not be in the Shocker basketball section.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I feel compelled to justify why I posted this in the WS Men's Basketball section. Believe me, since I do not post much, I spent some time trying to figure out where to put this. I noticed the thread "Hinson to SIU being reported" was already in this section. Since the prior week Manning had been mentioned (albeit somewhat facetiously) as a possible replacement for Marshall if he left, I thought this would be an appropriate place for this post. My mistake was not reading the thread "Thank Goodness" and realizing that Manning to Tulsa was already being discussed. In the future I will spend even more time trying to figure out the appropriate placement of threads.

Comment

We simply need to live with the concept that everything doesn't always fit into neatly established little cubby holes and there may very well be parallel universes.

Comment

I can safely say I was completely unaware of the NCAA section, for that I acknowledge my mistake. However I stand by that this has a lot to do with WSU basketball given they are on the schedule for the next 2 years and whomever they hire as coach will likely have a large impact on the way they play those games against WSU. To each their own.
                -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

It's the off season, almost any new college basketball talk could stay here.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

Do you think he gets Steve Woodberry to be his assistant?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Shox77 View Post
                      I feel compelled to justify why I posted this in the WS Men's Basketball section. Believe me, since I do not post much, I spent some time trying to figure out where to put this. I noticed the thread "Hinson to SIU being reported" was already in this section. Since the prior week Manning had been mentioned (albeit somewhat facetiously) as a possible replacement for Marshall if he left, I thought this would be an appropriate place for this post. My mistake was not reading the thread "Thank Goodness" and realizing that Manning to Tulsa was already being discussed. In the future I will spend even more time trying to figure out the appropriate placement of threads.
                      Don't lose more than 2 winks of sleep over it. lol

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        It's the off season, almost any new college basketball talk could stay here.
                        Agreed, but it's not gonna happen.

Another interesting thread destined for thread death in the NCAA thread death forum..
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker View Post
                          I can safely say I was completely unaware of the NCAA section, for that I acknowledge my mistake.
                          You're not alone. Most people don't know this forum exists, as you can tell by its bustling activity. These threads are super active when visable in the main forum, but the activity drops off dramtically when they are moved here. Any thread that was interesting, with indirect ties to WSU or not, that gets sent here dies a quick death. Kind of unfortunate IMO.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Manning will get a chance to see if he can coach and recruit a a mid-major level. I think it maybe a bit above his level but time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                            X