Insane stat on Pac12 I just saw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane stat on Pac12 I just saw

I didn't do any fact check, but assume it's correct, it was tweeted by Mark Adams. But he said that the entire Pac-12's record versus top 50 RPI teams is 1-29....

ONE. AND. TWENTY. NINE.

Wow.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

pretty sure it's true as it's been pointed out on here a number of times.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Not exactly true. But only because Cal has an RPI somewhere in the 30s, so every team that's beat them in conference technically has a Top 50 win ;)

But that is true for nonconference play. And it gets better: That one win was by Stanford, who is far, far outside of any talk about the NCAA tournament. They actually might have gotten a second win, though, as I think NC State might have broken the Top 50 with the ACC tournament (RPIForecast/LiveRPI has them at 49 right now).
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
        Not exactly true. But only because Cal has an RPI somewhere in the 30s, so every team that's beat them in conference technically has a Top 50 win ;)

But that is true for nonconference play. And it gets better: That one win was by Stanford, who is far, far outside of any talk about the NCAA tournament. They actually might have gotten a second win, though, as I think NC State might have broken the Top 50 with the ACC tournament (RPIForecast/LiveRPI has them at 49 right now).
        I checked it out, they have 3 top 50 wins outside of the P12, and they're Colorado State, Texas and NC-State. UT and NCst both just cracked the top 50 this weekend. The funny thing is that Texas and NCst were wins by Oregon State I think, so just like Stanford, it's from teams that won't even make it to the dance.

P12 so disappointing this year.

In regards to WSU, it would be cool to see Colorado win it today so it will be just another team on our record that we beat that end up in the tournament. Go Buffs.

Comment

Pac 12 = mid-major conference
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

For those in my generation, this is simply unbelievable.

Comment

And Cal has already been eliminated in their play-in game.

My, oh my, how the once proud have fallen.
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

I bet some bubble teams were PISSED off last night watching that Cal at-large bid just be wasted.

Cal scored 13 points in the first half. 13. Thirteen.

Comment

And Arizona gets beat at home in the NIT by Bucknell. Arizona was a number one seed.

Comment

Working...
                  X