Infractions update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infractions update

KU acting like a fish on a hook http://m.kusports.com/news/2022/jan/...mplates=mobile

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
    I sincerely doubt that KU gets anything more than a slap on the wrist. So called blue bloods get away with anything.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

I sincerely doubt that KU gets anything more than a slap on the wrist. So called blue bloods get away with anything.
      I think you are totally misreading this. Kansas has been pushing the execution back. They know they are screwed. They know that there is no appealing this decision. KU agreed, and asked to have the case resolved through the IARP. They knew the NCAA was going to destroy them, the IARP looked lije a better option. Now that the final decision from the IARP becomes imminent, KU wants to go another route.

Nothing good is coming of this. They have audio of Bill Self. They have testimony from others. In the past, anytime a KU player was alleged to have taken improper gifts, they were separated from the team. When Self is heard on tape asking for help getting players, there is nowhere to hide. The NCAA has no outs on this. KU is just trying to push back the final judgement and hopefully avoid the death penalty or a show cause.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I think you are totally misreading this. Kansas has been pushing the execution back. They know they are screwed. They know that there is no appealing this decision. KU agreed, and asked to have the case resolved through the IARP. They knew the NCAA was going to destroy them, the IARP looked lije a better option. Now that the final decision from the IARP becomes imminent, KU wants to go another route.

Nothing good is coming of this. They have audio of Bill Self. They have testimony from others. In the past, anytime a KU player was alleged to have taken improper gifts, they were separated from the team. When Self is heard on tape asking for help getting players, there is nowhere to hide. The NCAA has no outs on this. KU is just trying to push back the final judgement and hopefully avoid the death penalty or a show cause.
        Yeah, I think they feel really bad about their behavior and what the punishment is going to mean to UMKC. Poor Roos.
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeah, I think they feel really bad about their behavior and what the punishment is going to mean to UMKC. Poor Roos.
          I agree, KU gets a year of probation, UMKC gets the death penalty. Ends the Kangaroos dreams of playing in the Valley.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I agree, KU gets a year of probation, UMKC gets the death penalty. Ends the Kangaroos dreams of playing in the Valley.
            Which is it Mo Valley John? Slap on the wrist or major sanctions. Looks like you are talking about both.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Which is it Mo Valley John? Slap on the wrist or major sanctions. Looks like you are talking about both.
              Not talking about both, just joking about UMKC and the infamous Tarkanian quote. KU is going to get hammered. This whole thing is only getting fought by the Jayhawks to avoid a show cause. Unfortunately for KU, hindsight is 20/20. They could have faced the music several years ago, negotiated sanctions that didn't include a show cause, and have this over and done by now. Instead, they lose early in the tourney twice, followed by covid cancelling a season, an early exit last year and because they delayed the inevitible, the possiblility of sanctions beginning this year.

Comment

It is crazy how realistic the death penalty possibility is.. The IARP has said that KU did most wrong of any of the other schools under investigation

Comment

This thread should be renamed KU Corruption Case. Not new information.

This is as corrupt as it could have ever been, and Self is in the middle of it. Bill Self says "Who little ole me"?

Code, in his book, says many people at KU were aware of Willamson’s recruitment, including the head coach. “Bill Self was constantly kept abreast from his own coaches and the higher-ups at Adidas in terms of what was happening in the Jayhawks’ pursuit of Zion,” Code says in his book, according to Forde. “It’s all in the transcripts of the intercepted text messages. But again, the jury never saw or heard any of it. Self has subsequently denied any wrongdoing in the matter. “But the higher-ups at Kansas saw it and heard it. And they swiftly rewarded Bill Self with a lifetime contract, which included a very interesting clause that stated the coach who’d delivered them a national championship in 2008 would not be fired ‘due to any current infractions matter.’” Williamson did not choose KU, eventually committing to Nike school Duke. Self, in a 2018 press conference speaking about KU’s NCAA allegations, gave a blanket statement about his team’s recruiting practices, saying, “My staff and I have not and do not offer improper inducements to (recruits) or their families ... nor are we aware of any third-party involvement to do so.”

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...258397858.html

Comment

Working...
                  X