Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worth a read-the UCLA decline

Thoughts?

I just finished reading that after I read a rebuttal on twitter by former player, Mata-Real. He validated the player behavior but exhonerated Howland. But if half the stuff in that article is accurate, I would hope Howland never steps foot anywhere near WSU's program. He recruited those players. He refused to discipline them. He refused to be a part of their lives (a mentor) off the floor. He verbally abused his assistants. He terminated a manager after the manager gave him what he wanted. He ran off a player who was getting abused in practice by one his "stars". He deserves to wear the full blame for that program's decline.

I'm guessing he must have a lot left on his contract for the AD to give him a full vote of confidence.

Comment

I guess that's the chance you take when making a living recruiting “hyped" primadonna players.

"The Bruins' struggles tell a cautionary tale of the risks of recruiting hyped players, the challenges of managing recalcitrant teenagers and the consequences of letting discipline and accountability break down. Most of all, the problems at UCLA underline the precariousness of college basketball success."
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
      X