Nebraska willing to play against a blizzard only if they have to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska willing to play against a blizzard only if they have to

Nebraska football coach Scott Frost, president Ted Carter and chancellor Ronnie Green released a joint statement Tuesday afternoon saying they hope to still possibly compete this fall.

And by the sounds of things, the Big 12 isn't that excited about scheduling them. For once I don't blame the Big 12

This was all a nothing burger. Frost wanted to play, he vented. It took the school less than a day to officially state that they are not playing games if the B1G won't allow it. Moreover, PSU, OSU, Iowa and Michigan all had coaches say the same thing, they want to play even if the conference doesn't play. There are people from other schools trying to lobby the B1G to allow programs to play, probably a futile effort; the B1G wants a spring season and they can't do it if three or four schools play in the fall.

Nebraska is in no position to go rogue anyway. If they leave the B1G, they're done. They won't get back into the BigXII, they might, if lucky, get into the MWC. I think they could get into the MVFC without much trouble.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      This was all a nothing burger. Frost wanted to play, he vented. It took the school less than a day to officially state that they are not playing games if the B1G won't allow it. Moreover, PSU, OSU, Iowa and Michigan all had coaches say the same thing, they want to play even if the conference doesn't play. There are people from other schools trying to lobby the B1G to allow programs to play, probably a futile effort; the B1G wants a spring season and they can't do it if three or four schools play in the fall.

Nebraska is in no position to go rogue anyway. If they leave the B1G, they're done. They won't get back into the BigXII, they might, if lucky, get into the MWC. I think they could get into the MVFC without much trouble.
      Now that's some honesty right there.......hard to be a fan and be honest, but I gotta give you bonus points for that. Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Now that's some honesty right there.......hard to be a fan and be honest, but I gotta give you bonus points for that. Well done!
        I'm not really a fan. I go to games, but I go to Chiefs games too and am not a fan. In my mellowing age, the only team I'd say I'm a fan of anymore are the Cubs.

The interesting thing about the Nebraska situation is seeing the ripple effect from one coach commenting on playing. I'm guessing the Nebraska situation got traction simply because they want to play, they left the Big XII and the Big XII is playing. There was never any seriousness to Nebraska playing games in defiance of the B1G, but we're in a pandemic and it filled some air time.

Here's a link from Ohio regarding the Buckeyes playing. Very similar to exactly what happened in Lincoln.

These same articles were written about several B1G schools. The possibility of Nebraska looking elsewhere made for water cooler conversation, but nothing more.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

The parents of Penn State, Nebraska, Ohio State and Iowa players have now put together letters to the Big Ten. Nebraska, in retrospect, wasn't the outlier. The decisions being made by Kevin Warren and the heavy-handed way he is implementing those decisions could cost him his job. Outside of the covid pandemic, in his short stint leading the conference, Warren has become a SJW, its not sitting well with some. Being on the wrong side of an issue from Ohio State in the B1G is akin to being on the wrong side of an issue from Texas in the BigXII, it often doesn't end well for you.

Comment

Comment

Due to lack of football revenue, the University of Iowa is eliminating four non-revenue sports forever. Sad news.

Comment

[jwplayer W4ONB6vg] Early on Tuesday, Nebraska President Ted Carter mistakenly let it slip that the Big Ten football season will resume and an announcement will be made this evening. While he tried…

Comment

And the PAC-12 soon to follow? Like solving a crime. Follow the money.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    And the PAC-12 soon to follow? Like solving a crime. Follow the money.
                    If Ohio State says play.... Well you play. Just like Texas in the Big 12.

Comment

And if michigan says no, they fire their president.

Comment

This didn't end well for Kevin Warren. If I were him, I'd keep my resume polished.

Comment

Pac 10 now trying to figure out how to have a season, MAC to follow.

Comment

No surprise. No way a major conference is going to sit out if the others aren't.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              No surprise. No way a major conference is going to sit out if the others aren't.
                              Governor in Ca okayed football, huge roadblock for the Pac.

Comment

Working...
                              X