Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Gundy About to be Cancelled at Okie State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Gundy About to be Cancelled at Okie State?

OSU Football Coach Mike Gundy Gets Cancelled and the Reason Will Blow Your Mind

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/202...low-your-mind/

Un-effing-believable

Comment

Even though this is a behavior that we have never noticed previously, it would seem as if this is a logical extension of what we saw here about the time the pandemic started. The NCAA seems to be saying that players can be free agents (at least in basketball), I'm assuming that these changes were to apply to all sports.

Secondly, I think we've seen where players that weren't good 'personality' fits with the coach can and will leave the program under these types of circumstances. It can and will happen elsewhere and perhaps this particular coach, not only for the reasons we saw, but others as well, resulting in the need to find and recruit players who are more comfortable with the coach's philosophical and political opinions.

Lastly, if this talented running back has a problem with his coach's philosophical and political opinions, it was correct to call him out. Perhaps Twitter wasn't the best platform, but if the player was considering transferring, it should have been a point of discussion. Given the age and lack of maturity, I think this player did demonstrate some patience and self-restraint and did not turn this into a spectacle.

Point of emphasis: Kids are much more politically savvy and aware these days. Coaches should inspire and lead their kids. If a recruit feels disconnected because a coach is not more mindful of the optics he is sending to those that he leads, he will lose them. Better to be more mindful going forward in the future and keep your political opinions to yourself. Unless you are a Koch or have a very narrow clientele that agrees with you, if you are a leader, business owner of anything where you are the leader of a community, you increase your reach when you focus on the things that bring all of us together and stop the tribal b.s.

Comment

****. They want to tell people what TV channel to watch. **** THEM

Comment

Hubbard should join Club Kaepernick! The AD has already joined the pro commissioners.
          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
          ---------------------------------------
          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
              Even though this is a behavior that we have never noticed previously, it would seem as if this is a logical extension of what we saw here about the time the pandemic started. The NCAA seems to be saying that players can be free agents (at least in basketball), I'm assuming that these changes were to apply to all sports.

Secondly, I think we've seen where players that weren't good 'personality' fits with the coach can and will leave the program under these types of circumstances. It can and will happen elsewhere and perhaps this particular coach, not only for the reasons we saw, but others as well, resulting in the need to find and recruit players who are more comfortable with the coach's philosophical and political opinions.

Lastly, if this talented running back has a problem with his coach's philosophical and political opinions, it was correct to call him out. Perhaps Twitter wasn't the best platform, but if the player was considering transferring, it should have been a point of discussion. Given the age and lack of maturity, I think this player did demonstrate some patience and self-restraint and did not turn this into a spectacle.

Point of emphasis: Kids are much more politically savvy and aware these days. Coaches should inspire and lead their kids. If a recruit feels disconnected because a coach is not more mindful of the optics he is sending to those that he leads, he will lose them. Better to be more mindful going forward in the future and keep your political opinions to yourself. Unless you are a Koch or have a very narrow clientele that agrees with you, if you are a leader, business owner of anything where you are the leader of a community, you increase your reach when you focus on the things that bring all of us together and stop the tribal b.s.
              I would disagree that kids are more politically savvy these days. Spoiled, yes, intolerant, yes, savvy, maybe a poor choice of words. Determined to get their way at all costs, I find often. I have rarely run into an 18-25 year-old that can defend a position. That's not savvy, its ignorant. That goes for a young liberal or conservative. Having my kids now entering college, I'm around this demo all the time, and a whole spectrum of ideologies. It's not just the young liberals that have become intolerant. The crap in Seattle should surprise no one.

I don't know what the future holds, but I'm becoming more and more pessimistic about our country's future. It's been years since either side listened to each other. And now we have now gotten to a place where a player won't play for a coach because the coach is of a differing political ideology? Can I get fired for not espousing the company's politics? It seems, yes. It may be time for the Supreme Court, just like race, religion, gender, sexual identity, designate political ideology as a protected class. What is happening today isn't savvy, it's dangerous.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

You were recruited and signed by a guy rocking a mullet .... what did you expect ...

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  You were recruited and signed by a guy rocking a mullet .... what did you expect ...
                  A mullet that would make 'Billy Ray Cyrus' proud...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

I would disagree that kids are more politically savvy these days. Spoiled, yes, intolerant, yes, savvy, maybe a poor choice of words. Determined to get their way at all costs, I find often. I have rarely run into an 18-25 year-old that can defend a position. That's not savvy, its ignorant. That goes for a young liberal or conservative. Having my kids now entering college, I'm around this demo all the time, and a whole spectrum of ideologies. It's not just the young liberals that have become intolerant. The crap in Seattle should surprise no one.

I don't know what the future holds, but I'm becoming more and more pessimistic about our country's future. It's been years since either side listened to each other. And now we have now gotten to a place where a player won't play for a coach because the coach is of a differing political ideology? Can I get fired for not espousing the company's politics? It seems, yes. It may be time for the Supreme Court, just like race, religion, gender, sexual identity, designate political ideology as a protected class. What is happening today isn't savvy, it's dangerous.
                    I worry about bifurcated culture. I see high achievers and those that don't see a connection between effort plus preparation on one hand and reward on the other. Many don't see one leads to the other.

I do thing the quality of our education system and government programs have contributed to a decline in diligence

Comment

Social Media has become the new way to have discussions with people. First thing he should've done is confront his coach and hashed it out, rather than doing that after the fire was lit. Secondly, I'm sick and tired of the fascist attitudes that we all have to march lock step with one another with regard to our personal opinions and political affiliations. This country was formed specifically for that reason, freedom of choice. How many idiots do we see wearing Che Guevara tshirts and the like?

Comment

Gundy caved and apologized. This country has been radically transformed in the span of a few years and more concisely, a few months.

The fascist mobs have won.

Comment

It seems like social media is actually being used to blackmail people now. If someone snaps a picture of you in a shirt or a video of you saying something inappropriate or even takes issue with something you said that you didn't even mean, you get blackmailed into saying the necessary platitudes. They can actually come for your job and reputation now using photos, videos, etc and sic an angry mob on you unless you do what they say you have to do. That's what this one looks like to me. And it was for something VERY small. I don't know what that news outlet really does or says, but I have a very hard time believing it was bad enough to merit this situation.

You've got 20 year old young man demanding his grown man coach apologize to him using social media? I'm with Dan on this one. Should have been a meeting in the coaches office if anything at all, not a public spectacle.

Side note: we live in a world where the current president is a republican, but if you are a republican you have to apologize or else risk losing your job? Is it really this crazy? Maybe I should go look into what his shirt means and surely I'll find out theres more to it. It sure looks nuts to me at first glance.

Comment

Does anyone see the irony? Colin Kaepernick can wear a shirt with Fidel Castro's image on it, praise him for some of the things he's done in Cuba, wear socks depicting cops as pigs yet the mob views him as a hero. But Gundy wears a OAN shirt and suddenly he's public enemy number 1. I freakin' can't stand liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

This whole particular news story was so ridiculously inane and asinine.

OMG!!!! Mullet head might just have different political leanings than myself! Can't have that!

Comment

Working...
                              X