New SEC Coordinator of Officials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SEC Coordinator of Officials

Very interesting development announced earlier today.
    Mike Eades was named to replace Mark Whitehead of Coordinator of Officials for the SEC. Mike will also be involved in the American Athletic Conference too so expect to see some different faces this year.
    He is a good as it gets when it comes to the profession. He is fair, honest but will also be straight up with you when it comes to our profession. I have first hand knowledge as I've worked his two leagues he assigns for the last few years. But don't be alarmed - he won't be picking me up for any games in the SEC.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

So you work some AAC games?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      So you work some AAC games?
      Pogo,
      No, just work for Mike in his D2 and NAIA leagues. My days of long distance travel for officiating purposes are over. I just stay local and that's enough for these old bones. ;-)

That is all.
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post

Pogo,
        No, just work for Mike in his D2 and NAIA leagues. My days of long distance travel for officiating purposes are over. I just stay local and that's enough for these old bones. ;-)

That is all.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef View Post
          Very interesting development announced earlier today.
          Mike Eades was named to replace Mark Whitehead of Coordinator of Officials for the SEC. Mike will also be involved in the American Athletic Conference too so expect to see some different faces this year.
          He is a good as it gets when it comes to the profession. He is fair, honest but will also be straight up with you when it comes to our profession. I have first hand knowledge as I've worked his two leagues he assigns for the last few years. But don't be alarmed - he won't be picking me up for any games in the SEC.

That is all.
          Any chance we get to see Higgy again?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Any chance we get to see Higgy again?
            Either I changed or John did because later in his career I really preferred him to referee games we were involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

Either I changed or John did because later in his career I really preferred him to referee games we were involved in.
              My wife called him 'Hollywood Higgins'. He was always one of my favorites and I believe we won some big games with him on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

My wife called him 'Hollywood Higgins'. He was always one of my favorites and I believe we won some big games with him on the floor.
                You think? lol I mean we win a lot, and Higgy was there a LOT, but off the top of my head, Gonzaga and KU in the tourney. Memphis in SD. Too many Valley games to list.

Comment

John has been working a lot more Pac-12 games past couple of years ever since the UK fan outrage/lawsuit. Needed a change of scenery.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Comment

Higgy also did the infamous SIU game in 2004, perhaps my favorite all time loss and as loud as CKA ever has been at times. Higgy never broke a sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Higgy also did the infamous SIU game in 2004, perhaps my favorite all time loss and as loud as CKA ever has been at times. Higgy never broke a sweat.
                        We got hosed.

Comment

Higgy has always been fair, he gets a bad rap simply because he’s recognizable. I’ve heard plenty of people throw a fit in CKA when they see Higgy out there but there isn’t anyone I’d rather have. Seems like it’s been a while since he’s been to CKA. There are definitely some officials who clearly have some sort of vendetta against Gregg. It goes beyond being bad at their jobs.

Comment

Working...
                          X