No announcement yet.

"By any measure, not a memorable start in Pac-12 basketball" - Seattle Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "By any measure, not a memorable start in Pac-12 basketball" - Seattle Times

"By any measure, not a memorable start in Pac-12 basketball" - Seattle Times (writer - Bud Withers)

Somehow they are able to figure out they are having a terrible year in the PAC 12, but think that somehow Colorado beat Wichita State this season.

The writer has now been informed to do more reasearch to find the PAC-12's best win.

Comment

What on earth do you people do, set up Google alerts just waiting for any mention of WSU and just jump on it if it doesn't meet your expectation of respect? Otherwise, what could have lead you to a Seattle article about the PAC12 and then motivated you to share? God forbid the Puget sports fan doesn't get the full report on our Shocks.

Quick, name the starting five for UW, their record and best win/worst loss...no Google!
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
        What on earth do you people do, set up Google alerts just waiting for any mention of WSU and just jump on it if it doesn't meet your expectation of respect? Otherwise, what could have lead you to a Seattle article about the PAC12 and then motivated you to share? God forbid the Puget sports fan doesn't get the full report on our Shocks.

Quick, name the starting five for UW, their record and best win/worst loss...no Google!

I don't know about others but it saves me time rather than look for myself. Thanks to all of you that do go out and find articles about the Shox and or other conferences.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I don't know about others but it saves me time rather than look for myself. Thanks to all of you that do go out and find articles about the Shox and or other conferences.
          I am with you. I appreciate all of the links others post here. It makes it very easy for me to check shockernet to find articles on the Shocks.

You guys do a great job!

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
            I am with you. I appreciate all of the links others post here. It makes it very easy for me to check shockernet to find articles on the Shocks.

You guys do a great job!
            This was an article on the Shocks? My reading comprehension has really left me. I took it to be an article on the lack of P12 quality wins. Our name only appeared as marking, incorrectly, Colorado's best win. I enjoy a good link too. This, or those comparing criminal records of various schools, don't qualify. This article is about WSU the same way that the cute redhead attending your English class regularly is proof positive she carries a torch for you. She doesn't. This isn't.

Comment

I like any and all articles that mention our Shox !!! Keep up the good work guys.

BTW, it was a blonde in history class...and I married her 31 years ago.

Comment

I am obviously the vocal minority or lone voice of a silent majority. Party on.

Comment

It must really suck to be you BOBB. Having to waste your time going to a basketball thread, only to see a link to a basketball story. Then waste more time creating a post complaining about the creation of the link to the basketball story in the basketball thread.

Hey WuShock Reaper, thanks for the link. It's good to see a BCS sports writer admit about how bad the PAC-12 conference is.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ripemupshocks View Post
                    It must really suck to be you BOBB. Having to waste your time going to a basketball thread, only to see a link to a basketball story. Then waste more time creating a post complaining about the creation of the link to the basketball story in the basketball thread.

Hey WuShock Reaper, thanks for the link. It's good to see a BCS sports writer admit about how bad the PAC-12 conference is.
                    It does suck to go to a Shocker Basketball thread trusting that a link will have some relevance to our program only to find that it does not. Seems a candidate for the Around the NCAA forum. Much like dealing with a puppy, instant correction and diligence today saves time and carpets tomorrow.

Comment

Due to the fact that the article has been corrected, and it doesn't mention WSU at all anymore, I moved it to Around The NCAA.

Carry on.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Apparently, the article has been updated since first posted as I do not see any mention of Wichita State. It shows Colorado's best win being over Georgia. They list Denver as the league's best win.

Comment

This article is about WSU the same way that the cute redhead attending your English class regularly is proof positive she carries a torch for you. She doesn't. This isn't.
                          Oh shes carrying a torch all right!

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post
                            Oh shes carrying a torch all right!
                            Didn't even think of the Lohan double-entendre....nice! :)

Comment

Didn't even think of the Lohan double-entendre....nice! :)
                              Hahahah, neither did I until you shined a spotlight on it. LMAO
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Working...
                              X