Missouri State Jerseys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missouri State Jerseys

I was watching the Missouri State - OSU game last night and noticed that apparently no one at Missouri State has any experience with graphic design. For no apparent reason, they use two different fonts for their jersey lettering and numbering, and the two fonts make absolutely no visual sense together.

Note that OSU uses a similar blocky futuristic font for its numbers (although more slanting), but they use the same font for their lettering. Even though I'm not a graphic design person, I'll concede I care about fonts more than most people, but MSU's design just looks embarrassing for something that shouldn't be very difficult.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Are you upset because the Words have serifs and the numbers dont? How do you put serifs on numbers without making them look hokey?

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
      Are you upset because the Words have serifs and the numbers dont? How do you put serifs on numbers without making them look hokey?
      I'll just use WSU jerseys since it is an easy example:

However the serif + san serif isn't the only issue. A blockier serif font might have gone fine with the MSU number font, but the one the chose is so rounded off on all the terminals that it looks incongruous with the numbers with their hard right angles on the terminals.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Another example are the Marquette jerseys you posted in another thread, which are serif for both and visually consistent.

Comment

In the grand scheme of things, the font type of their jerseys should be lower than them adding locker rooms to their arena.

;)
          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
            In the grand scheme of things, the font type of their jerseys should be lower than them adding locker rooms to their arena.

;)
            Fair enough. Maybe having to sell off their cattle to meet budget was so emotionally devastating it causes these kinds of missteps. :beguiled:

Comment

As a graphic designer I see where you are coming from. I guess I would have to see the back of the jersey. If the font they used for the numbers is what they used for the names and other items around the arena and the serif font is just their schools logo then I have less problem with it.

But FTR, I do agree that those jerseys are completed hideous.

Comment

Originally posted by ICThawk View Post
                As a graphic designer I see where you are coming from. I guess I would have to see the back of the jersey. If the font they used for the numbers is what they used for the names and other items around the arena and the serif font is just their schools logo then I have less problem with it.

But FTR, I do agree that those jerseys are completed hideous.
                The names use the same font as the school name lettering, but without being outlined in maroon.

The women's uniforms not only don't use that font for spelling Missouri State, but appear to use the same font for lettering and numbering.

Comment

Yeh.... I'm on the bandwaggon. The mens uni is just horrid. Girls uni looks just fine. Curious why they would do that.

Comment

If they could make that font smaller and less blocky then they would be really nice.

It looks as if they are using "Miami" font for the numbers

Comment

Maybe the original font rubbed off from all the excessive chest bumping and Cletus just had to superglue on some spare numbers?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                      X