Cleveland State takes down #7 Vanderbuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland State takes down #7 Vanderbuilt

71-58 in a game that wasn't even that close.

I guess that throws a wrench in KenPom ratings ranking them dead last. That's a crazy upset.

edit: I had a long day, and mistook cleveland state and chicago state.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
      I guess that throws a wrench in KenPom ratings ranking them dead last. That's a crazy upset.
      I think you have Cleveland State and Chicago State confused. Cleveland State is a Horizon League squad that's been decent the past few years.

Comment

It is a big upset, but it more confirms my previously stated theory about the uselessness of KenPom's rankings without any data from the current year's roster to base his statistical analysis upon.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          I think you have Cleveland State and Chicago State confused. Cleveland State is a Horizon League squad that's been decent the past few years.
          Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          It is a big upset, but it more confirms my previously stated theory about the uselessness of KenPom's rankings without any data from the current year's roster to base his statistical analysis upon.
          Totally mistook Cleveland State for Chicago State.

Had a long day today.

Comment

Totally mistook Cleveland State for Chicago State.

Had a long day today.
            That makes a lot more sense. I still think KenPom is useless this early in the year.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Imagine being in my shoes, half asleep from a long day, and thinking that the very last place team beat #7 vandy.

I agree, KenPom has some issues with early season rankings considering it's all statistic based to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                I think you might underestimate how much data there actually is and how useful it might be in projecting. It's interesting if it will pan out that way though.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  I think you might underestimate how much data there actually is and how useful it might be in projecting. It's interesting if it will pan out that way though.
                  Perhaps, but given how much turnover there is on rosters in college basketball, I still think it takes a little while before KenPom gets enough data on newcomers and returning players improving/being in new roles before it is worth paying attention to.

Back on topic, nice win by Cleveland State, especially following the departure of Norris Cole.

Comment

Working...
                  X