Will KU football hurt KU basketball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

The curse isn't Lew Perkins. The curse is Mark Mangino.

I was told by someone who knew Lew Perkins well at KU (many here would know the name) that Perkins and Mangino HATED each other. If 2007 had not gone well, Mangino was probably out. I asked the person, "As weird as it sounds, did the Orange Bowl season make Lew Perkins mad because he knew he couldn't fire Mangino?" The answer was a resounding YES. Finally, in 2009, with a 5-0 start ending in a 5-7 bowl-less season, Perkins had the ammunition to fire Mangino...but of course we all knew how that turned out. Perkins hired Turner Gill, who was terrible...and it went downhill ever since. By the way, Lew Perkins didn't exact leave under stellar circumstances either with the FBI ticket scandal happening during his tenure and also an issue with Perkins giving premium basketball tickets in exchange for personal home exercise equipment.
    And look at them now.. The situation has become so horrid for KU football that a 5 win coach would be a God on campus. Lol. If Les Miles can't turn it around it will only damage the football program even more because it will prove a big name coach can't even help them. I still say it's a combo curse though, the same AD that canceled WSU football just happened to fire the best KU football coach in a long, long time. I don't think KU football ever recovers, heck they also need a new stadium, which is never going to happen and just adds to their football problem

Comment

I have it on mediocre authority that Bill Self sold what was left of KU football's soul to the devil to save his ass from the Committee on Infractions. Sources say it won't be enough and that even the entire soul of the program wouldn't tip the scales. It turns out that the devil overestimated his influence on the even greater evil entity: the NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
        Now for the bad...very little possibility of KU winning another game this season,.
        That's bad news?

I don't that means what you think it means.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

The curse isn't Lew Perkins. The curse is Mark Mangino.

I was told by someone who knew Lew Perkins well at KU (many here would know the name) that Perkins and Mangino HATED each other. If 2007 had not gone well, Mangino was probably out. I asked the person, "As weird as it sounds, did the Orange Bowl season make Lew Perkins mad because he knew he couldn't fire Mangino?" The answer was a resounding YES. Finally, in 2009, with a 5-0 start ending in a 5-7 bowl-less season, Perkins had the ammunition to fire Mangino...but of course we all knew how that turned out. Perkins hired Turner Gill, who was terrible...and it went downhill ever since. By the way, Lew Perkins didn't exact leave under stellar circumstances either with the FBI ticket scandal happening during his tenure and also an issue with Perkins giving premium basketball tickets in exchange for personal home exercise equipment.
          Can you imagine the sweat KSU fan would have if the Cats hired sweet Lou?

That's all that remains from one man killing every football program in the state.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Can you imagine the sweat KSU fan would have if the Cats hired sweet Lou?

That's all that remains from one man killing every football program in the state.
            Looking at the K-State program, and this is from someone with no emotional attachment, it may be on life support already. Their recruiting is low for a P-5 school and are trading the 8th, 9th and 10th spots in the Big 12 recruiting department with KU. Klieman went 8-5 his first year, but laid an egg last week. Looking at their schedule, no more cupcakes- they should beat KU, maybe TTU and Iowa State is a toss up. After that its pretty tough sledding. My guess, 2-8. 2021-22 will be a program defining moment, we will then know if they are on a ventilator.

That said. Perkins could probably speed things up.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Looking at the K-State program, and this is from someone with no emotional attachment, it may be on life support already. Their recruiting is low for a P-5 school and are trading the 8th, 9th and 10th spots in the Big 12 recruiting department with KU. Klieman went 8-5 his first year, but laid an egg last week. Looking at their schedule, no more cupcakes- they should beat KU, maybe TTU and Iowa State is a toss up. After that its pretty tough sledding. My guess, 2-8. 2021-22 will be a program defining moment, we will then know if they are on a ventilator.

That said. Perkins could probably speed things up.
              The Kansas football situation:

WSU- It seems like if the city and WSU really wanted to move forward with football, they could, they just choose not to.

K-State- They are making all the stadium upgrades they should make. Recruiting and coaching wise though they are right on par with Iowa State.

KU- Completely Fu****. Need a new stadium, should be able to retain better coaches and recruit better, but can't. Probably needs better equipment and training facilities as well. I mean sh**, if their weight rooms and practice facilities are right on par with the rest of the program than they need to replace all that as well lol

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post

The Kansas football situation:

WSU- It seems like if the city and WSU really wanted to move forward with football, they could, they just choose not to.

K-State- They are making all the stadium upgrades they should make. Recruiting and coaching wise though they are right on par with Iowa State.

KU- Completely Fu****. Need a new stadium, should be able to retain better coaches and recruit better, but can't. Probably needs better equipment and training facilities as well. I mean sh**, if their weight rooms and practice facilities are right on par with the rest of the program than they need to replace all that as well lol
                Mostly agee. K-State is at crossroads. They need to recruit better than Iowa State. They need to get past Snyder as well. I think they should be recruiting substantially better than 8th or 9th, we will see if they have some diamonds in the rough, or this is the slow ride back to mediocrity.

Kansas is a goatfuk. It's funny to lurk on the Phog and watch the meltdown. Their fans are a mix of delusionally entitled and satisfied with mediocrity. They want to be better than 2-10, but like Missouri State, don't want to spend resources to get there. And they don't have a cattle herd to sell.

I dont have an opinion on football at WSU.
                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                X