Will KU football hurt KU basketball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will KU football hurt KU basketball?

After the terrible KU loss to Coastal Carolina this past weekend I decided to check the last 10 years of KU football. Folks, they are on track to lose 100 football games in just 10 years. Because I am an older fellow I am not in touch with the young athlete subculture. There was a time when I was knee deep in that world but things have changed so much since I was in the playing and talking with others in that world (45 yrs). So, it begs the question; will a decade of being the worst Div 1 football program rub off onto their basketball program? Will it hurt recruiting? What do the stud athletes of today think of a school that has a program that is just that terrible? What do you think?
    Last edited by Fairgame; September 9, 2019, 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling error

Nobody cares about the chickenhawks. GTFOH This is the shockers message board.

Comment

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Midseason post of the year.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The only part of this thread that I care about is that KU lost to freaking Coastal Carolina at home... lolololololol
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Kansas football could hurt Kansas basketball if there is realignment. Not a good university image to be a perennial national joke in the most followed collegiate sport... bound to eventually spill over to other men's sports.
        Last edited by N Crestway; September 10, 2019, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Take this **** to phog, nobody here cares
          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Ku football couldn't hurt a flea.

Comment

Give me some Vitameatavegamine STAT!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Lock this sh!t. It has no business here. Take it over to the losers over at Phog. Besides, I didn't even know they had a football team anymore.

Comment

The only thing I care about is KU winning last week when they shouldn't have to Indiana State. Had ISU's QB not thrown an interception in the end-zone, ISU would've beaten KU and that pisses me off.

Comment

KU Football has sucked for a long long time. KU Basketball sucks in a completely different way.
                  Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

When the NCAA has more of a negative impact on the KU basketball program because of its constant cheating than the football program because of its mediocrity, then I’ll know this world isn’t entirely f——ed up.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

When are the sanctions coming down on the KU basketball program? I thought the NCAA said they were coming soon?

Comment

Beaty is suing KU over his buyout. KU self-reported a couple of minor infractions to avoid the buyout. The current coaching staff is doing the same thing, but KU is not self-reporting those violations. The disparity in KU's responses to the violations in football and basketball is likely to be brought up in Beaty's lawsuit.

The KC Star has video of the violations in football that are still happening

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Beaty is suing KU over his buyout. KU self-reported a couple of minor infractions to avoid the buyout. The current coaching staff is doing the same thing, but KU is not self-reporting those violations. The disparity in KU's responses to the violations in football and basketball is likely to be brought up in Beaty's lawsuit.

The KC Star has video of the violations in football that are still happening

https://www-1.kansas.com/sports/coll...235530772.html
                          And you certainly can't take KU's assertion that they turned things over to the Big 12 compliance office as gospel without indepentenlty verifrying that with the Big 12. Nor can the Big 12 be conisidered an unbiased arbiter of this situation. The KC Stare shout turn this information over to the NCAA and/or David Beatty's attorneys.

Comment

Working...
                          X