Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newman University - Outlook for the 2011-2012 Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newman University - Outlook for the 2011-2012 Season?

Anyone have any information on the Newman University Jets? Things like presason rankings (coaches or media), players, and history against WSU?

Thanks

picked 6th in their league

The 2011-12 Newman men's basketball team has been picked to finish sixth in the Heartland Conference in the organization's pre-season poll, which was released Tuesday. The poll was voted on by the league's head coaches and sports information directors.

Comment

I watched them practice yesterday. They went really hard on defense. No idea if they will be good or not, but they will play hard.

Comment

Maybe I'm just being dense, but why wasn't the men's basketball forum the appropriate place for a thread about a future WSU opponent?
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          Maybe I'm just being dense, but why wasn't the men's basketball forum the appropriate place for a thread about a future WSU opponent?
          This is what I was talking about with the unnecessary creation of this forum. People get confused on where to put things. Less exposure here than in the basketball forum. It doesn't get that crowded in the men's basketball forum. If it was like some other national forums, where you have threads that are active through the first several pages of the forum board, then I could see the splitting of subforums. But not even 1/4 of the threads in the men's basketball forum were active with new posts from today.
          Just my humble opinion..
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I actually have to agree a little with @ShockerFever: on this one. This is a WSU opponent and I think would be included on the main board.

I have no problem with moving the KU and KSU stuff, amongst others, over here, but WSU opponents should be left on the main board. I'm having a difficult time understanding this move.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm guessing if the title of the thread would have been "Outlook of the Wichita State vs Newman Game" or something like that, then it could have been in the Men's Basketball forum.
              Last edited by 1979Shocker; November 3, 2011, 11:42 AM.

Comment

I moved it because Newman isn't an opponent of ours for some time. At this early in the season, I assumed @WuShock Reaper: was asking the question because he truly wanted information about Newman, and not that it was in correlation to them playing Wichita State.

If someone had made a thread about Emporia State in the Men's Basketball forum, I would have deducted that it was in relation to the upcoming game we're playing with them.

I think there is a distinct difference about having a thread specifically about a team, and then a thread about how a specific team will match up with our basketball team, or even a thread previewing the team that we will play in a close proximity of time.

Maybe I assumed the reasoning behind the thread incorrectly, and if so, I'll move it back to the MBB forum. If he's just simply wanting info about Newman because there isn't much info on them on the web, then I'll leave it here.
                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I believe former WSU great Derek Brown is somehow affiliated with the Jets, perhaps as an assistant coach or graduate assistant, I don't really know...

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    I believe former WSU great Derek Brown is somehow affiliated with the Jets, perhaps as an assistant coach or graduate assistant, I don't really know...
                    Yeah, he's an Assistant Coach there this year.
                    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X