Colorado vs Creighton Scrimmage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado vs Creighton Scrimmage

My friend at Colorado told me that he heard Creighton handled Colorado easily. Didn't get specifics on it, which points me to the idea that it was such a manhandling that it didn't deserve more explanation other than they were handled easily.

It could point to the notion that Creighton is the real deal, and the preseason hype is warranted. Or it could point to the notion that Colorado is a young team that didn't return some key players, and that it is definitely a rebuilding year for them. Or it could point to both being correct, or even that Colorado had an off day. I do think it shows that Colorado is a very winnable game if we show up.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

I would lean towards your 3rd assessment. I think Creighton IS the real deal, and with the loss of talent and experience CU suffered since last season, they certainly aren't at a peak, either in talent or preparation. A beating wouldn't shock me at all, and in fact I would expect it.

I wonder if WSU inflicted a similar type beating on the Mavs yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I would lean towards your 3rd assessment. I think Creighton IS the real deal, and with the loss of talent and experience CU suffered since last season, they certainly aren't at a peak, either in talent or preparation. A beating wouldn't shock me at all, and in fact I would expect it.

I wonder if WSU inflicted a similar type beating on the Mavs yesterday?
      I'd definitely lean to the 3rd option as well.

I have no clue, I haven't heard a thing about it. I wonder if Rags got to play in it, or if he was suspended from that as well. If he didn't get to play, that could be a bit brutal for cohesion not having Murry and Rags in there.

Comment

Well there is no question that this should be a rebuilding year for Colorado. After all, they lost their top 4 scorers, who accounted for 65.8 points per game (83% of the team average). Those four also accounted for 47% of the team's rebounding. No matter how much talent you have behind that or how well Tad Boyle coaches, it will take some time to adjust to life without those players.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          Well there is no question that this should be a rebuilding year for Colorado. After all, they lost their top 4 scorers, who accounted for 65.8 points per game (83% of the team average). Those four also accounted for 47% of the team's rebounding. No matter how much talent you have behind that or how well Tad Boyle coaches, it will take some time to adjust to life without those players.
          Not to mention one of those players is in the NBA now (or next year, you get what I'm saying).

Comment

I just hope this is foreshadowing how the MVC will stack up against BCS schools. If our top four or so schools can hold their own, it could be another special year!
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              I just hope this is foreshadowing how the MVC will stack up against BCS schools. If our top four or so schools can hold their own, it could be another special year!
              That's definitely what I'm hoping for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                And if the rest can at least hold serve against the others and not roll over for anyone.

Comment

I'm hearing if scores were kept the margin would of been over 20. It wasn't so much about the Bluejays being good as the Buffs being bad.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

I heard high 70's to low low 60's. So we've heard the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X