Fallout From FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...nKhAY_SDYdQrxM Ohhhhhhhhhh KU
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      Uh oh, watch out Mississippi Valley State. Someone has to be sacrificed.

https://twitter.com/enthusiadams/sta...035792897?s=21

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

BS will go down with the ship scratching and clawing to save his legacy at the expense of his employer and the fans. He should resign, take a pro job, and let the KU BB program start to heal. Between this and the G League, ominous clouds on the horizon for KU.

Comment

Read an article in the Athletic which followed Louisville/Rick Pitino, Monday Louisville was served with a notice of allegations (NOA) as did Kansas. Listed in the allegations there were no mitigating circumstances such as the firing of RP, two assistants and the AD. The allegations were listed as intentional,willful or blatant disregard of NCAA Constitution By Laws. The article stated the NCAA is rather pissed at the institutions that brought college basketball into the FBI cross hairs. Louisville got pulled into the investigation while on probation from its use of strippers during the recruiting process. Louisville will probably argue that the firings and self imposed ban should be mitigating factors but the NCAA did not acknowledge these self imposed penalties. When asked if there would be more self imposed sanctions by Louisville the university president answered "NO." The old way to reply to NCAA allegations was to admit culpability, slap yourself on the wrist and ask for forgiveness. That was before North Carolina fought the academic fraud allegations against it and dragged it out until they caught the NCAA in its own language and avoided any punishment. This is the new normal according to the article which I believe will become the norm for the very deep pocket universities. NC State and Kansas are facing the same scenario as Louisville and has already disagreed with the allegations. There is a new group within the NCAA called IARP (Independent Accountability Resolution Process) and a unit within that group called the Complex Case Unit. This was set up for the purpose when the two sides can't agree on the allegations. I have no idea what the real purpose of this group and unit are supposed to accomplish but it seems odd to me. NC State has already asked to be moved to the IARP stating they don't believe they could get a fair trial with the Infractions committee. Is any member institution that has had to answer to the Infractions Committee ever felt they could get a fair hearing? I'm sure Louisville and Kansas and any other schools named later will keep an eye on how NC State manages and crafts its defense. I would imagine that even with the fast tracking of any or all of these allegations against these schools they will net the same result as North Carolina and its massive academic fraud, Just trying to be realistic here.

Comment

I will give a shameless plug for The Athletic publication. I got my subscription after several people here talked about he quality articles in the publication. They have a year introductory offer that was too good to pass up. OK end of plug

Comment

BS has nothing to lose while KU and the NCAA have a lot to lose. Will this mean the end of the NCAA? Will A lot of football conferences break away?

BS going nuclear to save face.
              The Drive:
              https://21143.mc.tritondigital.com/O...3?t=1588975471

Comment

With five level 1 violations - KU has nothing to lose. That is a multi-year loss of post season play and Self suspended for at least 1 year (maybe more). That would probably be the end of KU as national basketball program. But with them fighting tooth and nail I think they are hoping to negotiate a deal (I assume they are looking for a 1 year for the program and Bill Self). The NCAA risk is KU goes to court and somehow wins.

The way things are going, maybe Colleges should just focus on educating students and get out of the Athletic Sports business. Let the pro-leagues handle the development leagues and pay players their worth.

Comment

https://www.si.com/college/2020/05/1...-asks-benefits Zion???????????????
                  I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                    BS will go down with the ship scratching and clawing to save his legacy at the expense of his employer and the fans. He should resign, take a pro job, and let the KU BB program start to heal. Between this and the G League, ominous clouds on the horizon for KU.

Comment

Well if it does blow over, it will open the door for all schools to cheat, or ultimately the total collapse of the NCAA.
                      i can see Ford v Zion blowing over and thus Duke dodges a punch. It could be though the NCAA sinks their teeth into KU and uses them as an example.

Would hate to see KU settle and get one year probation and BS is suspended for 2-3 months. Hope they throw the book at the hypocrite

Comment

So I lurked a little bit on Phog, those guys are idiots. I mean, total idiots. I don't even know where to begin.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          So I lurked a little bit on Phog, those guys are idiots. I mean, total idiots. I don't even know where to begin.
                          We already know that they didn’t cheat, but everyone else is cheating, and that Duke and Kentucky are the real cheaters and they are only struggling to keep up. We also know that Bill is innocent and had no idea, but that they are proud that Bill is cheating cuz if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying. Also, it’s obvious that directional school x paid local top 200 recruit y to stay home cuz there’s no way they would choose that school over KU. THAT school is the real problem!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

We already know that they didn’t cheat, but everyone else is cheating, and that Duke and Kentucky are the real cheaters and they are only struggling to keep up. We also know that Bill is innocent and had no idea, but that they are proud that Bill is cheating cuz if you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying. Also, it’s obvious that directional school x paid local top 200 recruit y to stay home cuz there’s no way they would choose that school over KU. THAT school is the real problem!
                            Exactly. Except the most amazing part is they cant come to grasps with how a shoe company (Adidas) IS a booster and that the school is responsible for how Adidas recruits.

Kansas could have plead innocent and ignorant, thus having a leg to stand on had there not been a taped phone call from the head coach to an Adidas employee talking about Adidas actively aiding in recruitment. Dead to rights.

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

KU wants to be a part of the cheat club with UK, UNC and Duke and can’t understand why they might be treated differently. Well.... Snoop Dogg shooting fake money in the stands, Cheerleaders on stripper poles, BS wearing an Adidas shirt with a fake gold (or was it) chain necklace with a big money sign, and of course signing a new contract with Adidas for $196m. The other cheating coaches asking WTH is he doing flaunting our secret in their face?

Another issue to consider... do you think most states with state funded schools, many of whom rely on Basketball revenue, will approve a school leaving the NCAA to form their own Athletic Association at the expense of the other schools? How many P5 colleges in Ohio and how many other D1 schools in the state?

KU may have well screwed themselves over their obstinate response. I for one hope the hell they did. BS needs to go. Not good for KU, not good for college basketball, and not good for the state of Kansas.

Comment

A judge ruled Zion Williamson will be required to answer interrogatories and requests for admissions from attorneys representing Gina Ford and Prime Sports Marketing, who are suing Williamson for $100 million for breaching their marketing agreement.

Comment

Working...
                                X