Fallout From FBI Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fallout From FBI Investigation

Couldn't find a general thread for this topic, so I started one.

If you're on the phone with "your guy" trying to get Zion Williamson to go to your school (Clemson), it's probably not a good idea to tell your guy about how dirty the football program is.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sp...229984734.html
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-bas...221014260.html According to The Athletic’s Nicole Auerbach, during Wednesday’s testimony a screenshot of a text from Dawkins that said, “these are my guys” listed names that included Arizona’s Sean Miller and Book Richardson, Louisville’s Rick Pitino, Kenny Johnson and Jordan Fair, Michigan State’s Tom Izzo, Dwayne Stephens and Dane Fife, LSU’s Will Wade and Greg Heiar, N.C. State’s Kevin Keatts and UNLV’s Marvin Menzies.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• shock
      shock commented
      Editing a comment
      I am not surprised but I am disappointed.

Comment

Investigation spread to LSU football too.
      The NCAA scrutiny of LSU has expanded to include the football program, as the school confirmed on Friday afternoon that it has been working with the NCAA about an “ongoing inquiry” into a six-figure payment to the father of a former player.
      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
      ---------------------------------------
      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Thank ya ma'am.....LSU's my dream job.

Comment

Maybe Les Miles goes back to LSU and leaves Kansas high and dry. That would make me feel...

Comment

'Hard To Beat The Cheaters': Harbaugh, Michigan At College Football Crossroads

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartanntp

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• WSUwatcher
              WSUwatcher commented
              Editing a comment
              Nothing that happens in a state once governed by Edwin Edwards surprises me, but shifting over to Harbaugh for a moment -- shouldn't he focus on winning his own league before ranting about alleged cheating in a conference he doesn't even face on a regular basis? It isn't exactly anything happening in the SEC that's kept Michigan out of the playoffs.

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            'Hard To Beat The Cheaters': Harbaugh, Michigan At College Football Crossroads

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...cid=spartanntp

The mention in the article of the way Jeff George acted immediately made me think of this:

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Pat Forde

@ByPatForde
              ·
              1h
              News story: TCU confirms to
              @SInow
              that it has received NCAA Notice of Allegations for alleged men's basketball infractions; Creighton refuses to confirm or deny NOA

Comment

Watched one sided documentary/commentary HBO on Christian Dawkins. Gave the background on Christian Dawkins and went into depth about his early dealings into the AAU and college agent/runner side of him. Admittedly it was his side of how things transpired but in the absence of any of the authorities involved (The FBI and the US attorney Office of the Southern District of NY declined to comment) Looked like the FBI was using him to try and set up various college coaches with what seemed to be Rick Pitino as a top focus. Dawkins is portrayed as a guy trying to set up his own agency and needed cash to do so and was introduced to a money guy that turns out to be an FBI agent with a woman associate who is also an FBI agent. They all agree to fund a business model that Dawkins has in mind but the FBI folks want him to target collegiate coaches to be a part of his business model. He tells them that they don't need the coaches but they insist and he agree's to placate them but will stick with his original business plan and the money guys don't need to know. They fork over large amounts of cash to implement his plan. The money guy keeps pressing Dawkins to get coaches involved in it and he eventually reaches out to the asst coaches that are named later as defendant's. The money guys set Dawkins up in a suite in Las Vegas during a large NCAA Basketball event with the sole purpose of bribing coaches. Dawkins say's and video seems to support that only one of the asst coaches took any money. He said he took the money they didn't take and used it for gambling and pleasure. After the LV event the management team get's together at which time Dawkins is informed that the money guy was called away to take care of his mother and is unavailable. The woman FBI associate is taking over for him. Turns out the FBI guy was taken off of the investigation and was being investigated for possible misappropriation of Federal funds associated with the LV event. Dawkins is confronted with the evidence against him and given the opportunity to help himself if he can work with the FBI to actually get college coaches specifically Pitino to incriminate themselves. He refuses and they indict him. The Feds give the famous press conference and make the announcement "We have your playbook" apparently towards the basketball coaches. As pointed out by Dawkins attorney the US Attorney Office of the Southern District o NY has like a conviction rate of over 97% and they don't make mistakes. The convictions they got amounted to little or no prison time and spent millions in time and money in the investigation. An interesting side to all of this was the taped conversations with Will Wade and Sean Miller (apparently done by Dawkins} talking about how much money it was going to take to procure the commitments of a couple of players and how they had made "world class offers" to those kids. I came away with a different perspective about what went on and what was reported by the media. Worth the time to watch.

Comment

So you're saying the media may have fabricated some of this?? No way........

Comment

I think what the show was trying to say was that the FBI screwed the pooch and the Southern District of NY thought they had a slam dunk on recruiting violations

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-accuse...35--ncaab.html Louisville hit with allegations!
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

This almost sounds exactly like the response that ku made to their allegations

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          This almost sounds exactly like the response that ku made to their allegations
                          I didnt think of that, but you're right.

Comment

Working...
                          X